Van Dimensions Sticky

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have dimensions for Toyota Sienna 2006-2011?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Nissan Cargo Van  NV2500 V6 High Roof  ​

Wheelbase    146.1​
Overall length    240.6​
Overall width (without mirrors)    79.9​
Overall width (with mirrors)    99.5​
Overall width (with tow mirrors)    102.8​
Overall height (Standard Roof)    83.9​
Overall height (High Roof)    105.0​
Track width (front)    68.7​
Track width (rear)    68.9​
Sliding side door width    41.7​
Rear door opening width    59.8​
Rear door opening height (Standard Roof)    49.8​
Rear door opening height (High Roof)    71.5​
Step-in height (front)    18.0​
Step-in height (sliding side door)    19.4​
Step-in height (rear)    19.8​
Cargo area liftover height    28.5​
Angle of approach (degrees)    17.5°​
Angle of departure (degrees)    17.4°​
Turning Diameter (ft.)    45.2​

Interior Dimensions - Inches​
Head Room (Standard Roof)    42.8​
Head Room (High Roof)    63.6​
Leg room    42.0​
Hip room    60.6​
Shoulder room    65.7​

Cargo Dimensions - Inches​
Cargo volume (cu.ft.) (Standard Roof)    234.1
Cargo volume (cu.ft.) (High Roof)    323.1
EPA interior passenger volume (cu. ft.) (Standard Roof)    68.3
 EPA interior passenger volume (cu. ft.) (High Roof)    101.5
 Total interior volume (cu. ft.) (Standard Roof)    299.7
 Total interior volume (cu. ft.) (High Roof)    420.5
Maximum cargo length    120.0
Maximum cargo length behind center console at vehicle center    121.9
Maximum cargo length without center console at vehicle center    150.4
Maximum cargo width    70.2
Cargo width at wheelhouse floor    54.3
Maximum cargo height (Standard Roof)    55.8
Maximum cargo height (High Roof)    76.9

Capacities
Roof load capacity (lbs.) (Standard Roof)    500
 Roof load capacity (lbs.) (High Roof)     300
Seating capacity    2.0
Fuel tank (gals.)    28.0
Engine oil (qts.)    5.4 (V6)

Weights - Lbs
GVWR    9,100

Weights - High Roof - Lbs
Curb Weight (lbs) - V6    6,079
 ​
Payload - Lbs ​
High Roof- V6    3,021

Towing Capacity - Lbs
With tow hitch receiver (V6)    7,000​

:)

Cargi  rz x630   DSCF5090.JPG

Attachments

• Cargi  rz x630   DSCF5090.JPG
    Cargi rz x630 DSCF5090.JPG
    220.3 KB · Views: 29
Not know which year you wanted, but we have the 2006, so...

Specs for the 2006 Toyota Sienna

Dimensions
  • Front Head Room:   42.0 "
  • Front Leg Room:   42.9 "
  • Overall height:   68.9 "
  • Overall Length:   200.0 "
  • Overall Width:   77.4 "
  • Rear Head Room:   40.2 "
  • Rear Leg Room:   39.6 "
  • Wheelbase:   119.3 "
Other exact specs here:   https://www.autobytel.com/toyota/sienna/2006/specifications/
Hope this helps

:)

Does anyone have the inside measurements of an Astro van?  Specifically I am interested in the length from behind the seats to the rear doors and the width.

Astro Van Inside Measurements

I found a Youtube channel (Traveling Troy) that gives the inside measurements of an Astro van in detail.  Here is a link to Troy's video:

Astro Van Measurements

and here are the details:

Measurements: Back door to top of Driver's seat - 86.5 inches Back door to base of Driver's seat - 93 inches Area between wheel wells - 51.5 inches Wall to Wall above wheel wells - 69 inches Floor to Ceiling - 50 inches Floor to Ceiling ribs - 48 inches Back door to wheel well - 17 inches Wheel well length - 32.5 inches Wheel well width - 7.5 inches Wheel well height - 10.5 inches Wheel well to Driver's side seat belt box - 39 inches Back door to Sliding door - 52.5 inches Wheel well to Ceiling ribs - 36 inches Sliding door length - 38 inches Depth of step - 5 inches Width of step - 7 inches Step length - 38 inches Base of Step to Ceiling rib - 51.5 inches Back door ceiling to front headliner - 81 inches

Model: 2007 Ford E-150 Chateau Passenger Van
Miles:98.368.5
Paid: $6,300.00
Automatic with over drive
Engine: Gas V8 4.6L
Rear wheel drive
Swing open doors side and Back
Avg MPG: 15.4 City
Avg MPG: 17.6 Highway
Floor to Ceiling height: 53.1 in or 4.4 ft
Back Of Drivers seat to Back Door: 15.8 ft
Width at wheel housing: 51.5 in or 4.2 ft
Side Door opening: 47.1 in or 3.9 ft
Rear Door opening: 54.4 in or 4.5 ft

Interior build:
Right now I have a coleman cot 38 in wide 75 in long with 8 in memory gel mattress runs long ways front to back behind the drivers seat 
storage totes under bed and a old microwave cart bottom part I use for my battery storage area and pots and pans etc, on top of it I have my 2 burner coleman cooking stove propane 20 lb tank with an 8 ft adapter hose.
Reflectix on all windows mosquito netting on the windows that open held in place with Velcro.
A Coleman Cooler Quad Portable Camping Chair
A Wynter FM- 45 Quart Portable Refrigerator/ Freezer Platinum
Portable self contained toilet.
A regular 20 in house fan that I plug into the inverter
Brown Tarp I use on the side with bungee cords and carabiners and 2 1/2 in 8 ft aluminum conduit I use as poles and parachute cord and heavy duty tent stakes. 

Solar: 300 Watts renogy solar panels 100 Watt each panel
installed on 2 gutter rail roof van racks with 3  2 x 4 8 ft in length held on with u bolts panels screwed down with screws with L brackets.
2 V Max Sealed 125 amp batteries wired in parallel which gives me 250 amp
30 Amp PWM charge controller 
Novopal 1000 Watt Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter with 3 ac outlets Dc 12 Volt  to AC 120 Volt with LCD Display (Surge 2000 Watt)
from the Solar to the controller I have a 30 Amp Standard Blade Type ATC fuse and from the controller to the battery I also have a 30 Amp fuse from the Inverter to the Battery I have a 200 Amp fuse
My Battery Cables are 2/0 AWG 18 in in length  and a 2/0 AWG cable for the positive that goes to my Inverter.

I will make some changes along the way I would like to add another 100 Watt panel and another 125 Amp battery, also I would like to add a roof fan, as of right now it is my lovely home and I am happy with what i have done so far, I will post some Pictures later I only have ones from the start I will upload the finished build later, looking forward to seeing other Van dwellers in my travels maybe help you out in your build or just to tell you how my build went I did every thing my self if you have any questions please feel free to ask as far as the price of my build I think it was around $1,300.00 dollars total that was mostly Solar and Batteries big chunk of it any way Thank You again if I left something out let me know.

Thank You....

Paul

Attachments

• 1 (2).jpg
    1 (2).jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 1 (9).JPG
    1 (9).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 35
  • 1 (10).JPG
    1 (10).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 32
I don't know if you mentioned it, but it would be great to have template patterns for things like floors, walls and ceilings covering all the cut outs and where the ribs are. that would be invaluable. But of course would have to be at a place easily accessible by most. Rich 

I  plan on helping people for free or a nominal cost to set their van and other vehicles right for inhabitation.    Maybe we can join forces. I plan on my home base being Flagstaff but if anyone comes up with better hub please let me know. Arizona being base is my desire, and then traveling out from their as needed to help.  Pros and Cons, please....

It's almost like my life has culminated in this  very worthwhile gift I can give people at this time for the rest of my life.

I lack only one real tool (at least if the work is going to be done in the boonies), a generator. I can buy one but if you or others have one that we could share that would be better.   Rich

altruisticvanbuild said:
template patterns for things like floors, walls and ceilings covering all the cut outs and where the ribs are. that would be invaluable.
Especially if not just physical, but in electronic form capable of being imported into CAD software, CNC input files etc.

With FOSS and open-hardware leading the way, this stuff's getting cheaper all the time

https://www.popularwoodworking.com/tag/maslow-cnc

I buy resin paper then carfully make a pattern of floor,walls,top then using spray tac I place the patterns on the materials to be used and cut just to the line afterwards I hit the edges with 60 grit paper to get rid of those nasty little splinters peal off the paper and there's your project ready for install. I have found that even with today's computerized spot welding that there can be as much as a quarter inch of difference in them. One benefit from making a pattern is you can put panels together given the space and cut an entire wall floor or top
And with markings pre drill locations for fasteners wiring and lighting and the all important fan opening is much easier to do than working overhead. Plus you can pattern doors and windows on to cardboard or heavy craft paper and always have them ready for a project. Hope it helps someone who's trying to figure out all the little curves and angles when doing the build.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Resin paper, or rosin paper? Links?

For production purposes I'd like to capture the 2D outlines digitally, standard format for a CNC router to automatically cut "perfectly".

Google the Maslow videos, open source kit designed for 4 by 8 foot plywood, around $500.

Oh darn...

Sent out my post asking for this kind of info...only to find its ready here. Duh!

Didnt recognize the thread name "sticky" but its ijust what I need!

Gotta go now. Van Living room layout commences.

Does anyone know where I could find a floor plan for a 1987 Ford Econoline 250 Discoverer Motor Home?  Or a Ford brochure. :)  I want to enlarge it and use it to plan space.

MrNoodly said:
If my late model Chevy cargo van was still bare bones, I would gladly supply all sorts of measurements. Some important dimensions I needed to know when building out my van, but not mentioned above include:

-interior width at the floor (to exterior walls and to the ribs)
-maximum interior width if it's somewhere other than at the floor (to exterior walls and to the ribs)
-interior width at the top
-interior width at the back
-width between wheels
-length and height of wheel humps and their location relative to the rear of the van
-roof height at the center (to the roof and to the ribs)
-roof height at the side
-roof height at the rear
-location and dimensions of the fuel filler
-location and dimensions of the spare spare tire (if it's inside rather than underneath)
-width between driver and passenger seats
-length from engine cover to rear door
-length, width and depth of the side door foot well, with door closed

Can't sleep horizontal,
wheel to wheel.
Kind of want to,
wide open feel.
Limited room,
so it's vertical,
ah, what the hell.

Bucket pooper,
wanna be.
I'll sour on it,
probably,
Shower power a bucket
of water poured on my head.
Ah, what the hell,
it beats be un dead.

hoodoo said:
Hi all,
Mine's a 2010 Ford E-350, 5.4L V8. Best mileage so far around 15mpg, but averaging (around town, not on the road yet) about 13.6. 10 feet from rear doors to the back of the front seats. Bed across the back, built high for lots of storage underneath, window to window measurement is 70.5 inches; mattress is 43" X 70" (I'm 5'7", so that works fine for length. Inside height average is 53".

I have a 2003 E-350 XLT, also 5.4L V8. On the higway with the crusie control on my best mileage so far has been 27mpg on the highway. I'm loving it.