Van bed width or length for twin bed

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Valerie, which Ikea mattress did you buy?  Did you do away with the cover it came in?

Sleep said:
I have also been debating this issue.  Because I have a smaller van, if I do it across the back I would not have enough floor space for the kit with fridge, dog kennel, etc. So I think it would be best to build it length-wise behind the drivers seat, but I need to build something that I can pull out. I finally figured out the pattern for the slatted bed, but not sure about the frame it goes on top of. Does anyone have an idea for a simple expandable bad?

the above is a link to a you tube video for a length wise bed w/slats couch/bed w futon mattress.  The height could be what you need for kennels, not sure how large or small you're fur babies are.

Good Luck!

lf6998 said:

the above is a link to a you tube video for a length wise bed w/slats couch/bed w futon mattress.  The height could be what you need for kennels, not sure how large or small you're fur babies are.

Good Luck!

Thank you for this link. I have seen it before and think this is the way I will go. I think I have other places I can put the taller things.

Thanks again for the input!