Using alcohol for heating a space

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not knocking anybody for using it. I was just curious on the cost. back in the day I had a 1960 Chevy truck with an 350 Olds in it. I put an alcohol injection system on it and I remember it being expensive back then. highdesertranger

Hey Lesa, I want to know if you think the Origa heater is better than their stove. The stove is a bit more money and has less BTU. The heater says 5200 btu and their single stove says 5000 btu, so I am confused which one would be better for cooking and heating my SUV. I've call the companies they just parrot back the stats, not actual experience. What say you about this matter? Also, what's the difference between these and the cheaper Solo stove or wood burner stove with spirit stove combo?

Carly, I had to edit out the link in your post.

Should also be noted that this is a really old thread from 2017 so you may not get an answer from Lesa. Some others may have experience with alcohol stoves and heaters though.