Used RV Parts, good sources

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djkeev

Reaction score
Hey all! 

I am converting a Dodge conversion van into a Class B camper. 

To do this I need parts.....
Under chassis Propane tank
Propane heater
Swivel seat bases
Opening door windows
Etc etc etc

While I am willing to purchase new, everyone loves a smoking deal on used! 

Trouble is I cannot locate any salvage yards dedicated to the RV market. I'm sure they exist, but where? 
Any links would be appreciated. 

Craigs list is nearly useless...... 

I searched this site and only hit this link but it's dead......

https://vanlivingforum.com/Thread-used-rv-parts?highlight=Used+rv+parts

Fortunately, time is on my side...... 

Thanks for any ideas.
Dave

You probably don't want a used propane tank. Most of the stuff in the scrap yards will be old enough that you will want new on that one. IMO it's one place where I'd want to pay for safety factors.

You're probably thinking that you're looking for scrap yards with full size Class A and C RV's. The best place to look for all the rest of the stuff on your list is in conversion vans not the big RV's. The conversion vans go in regular scrap yards.

For the door windows you probably would be better off replacing the doors than trying to replace just the windows. Yes, it means a paint job on the van but if you're doing body work anyways then just go for it.

Yeah........ A used propane tank probably isn't the wisest move.......... Thanks!

And "highdesertranger" ....... that list of Used parts sites is AWESOME!!!!

Thanks!

A local RV repairman said that Colaw RV in Carthage, MO has a good selection of salvaged RV parts. Are you anywhere near there? Have not been there personally, has anyone else?

Need a few things myself but the travel costs offset the savings, so that's going to get bundled in as a stop on another trip.

DJKEEV, can some of what you're looking for (windows, seats, etc) be found at regular junkyards? Some of them you have to go there in person and walk around looking, others actually have current, computerized databases - sometimes even online.

Latest posts