Update: Texas State Parks reopened

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyM

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Texas Governor Greg Abbott has reopened the state parks and has directed that park users maintain social distancing and not congregate in large groups.

I have not yet heard any specifics about restrooms and showers and other concessions, but at least the parks are back in business as of today.

Johnny

Yes.  Day use only for now.  Permits must be purchased online.  Masks are to be worn and social distancing guidelines observed, including group gatherings limited to five persons.  Some parks are not open, so be sure to check for "alerts" on the website.  Be prepared for potentially chilly reception in some communities, as well as possibly limited supplies and services.

The one and only time that I ever stayed in a Texas state park,it ended up costing me $37.State parks are usually more expensive than other campgrounds.

Visited one yesterday.  Passes at the closest park were sold out before noon, with just a few left for our 2nd choice.  Passes were good for one of three four-hour shifts.  Check in staff wore masks and gloves.  (I must say, the day use restroom was pretty bad by 4:00.)  There was no (additional) charge with our annual pass.  The weather was awesome, and the change of scene welcome!