Turtle Tuff Shelters

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dust of the Sun

Reaction score
Wondering if anybody has any experience with Turtle Tuff Shelters??<br><br>They are not cheap but several people on YouTube and elsewhere say they are a better option than an RV to escape the collapse and set up a livable situation in the Boondocks ... I find that hard to believe.

Not sure of the relevance of this to cheaprvliving and vandwellers? Why would someone spend more on a portable shelter than what a good used van cost?<br>Bri

I guess I'm thinking about a Boondocking campsite situation where one of these might Complement an RV...to add living space to, say, a smallish van or class B....<br><br>Wondering if anybody is doing something like this...adding some form of living space to their RV...not necessarily a tent.<br><br>Or another question might be...How do Cheap RV Living folks ADD to their living space, beyond the confines of their possibly too small RV...<br><br>...without resorting to a 34 foot monster Class A!!!!!!!!!<br><br>Just wonderin'<br><br>dust

The dome looks interesting, but to move it from one location to another on a regular basis may be quite time consuming.<br><br>Many expand their limited van space with small portable screen rooms that are available from walmart, ll bean, cablelas etc.

I lived in something similar to this for almost a year and loved it. &nbsp;Tons of room. &nbsp;I could do cartwheels in it. &nbsp;The only problem is that you can't secure your stuff....especially my most precious possession....Jake the wonder schnauzer. &nbsp;Check out www.shelter-systems.com &nbsp;I still have one of their 18 ft domes....just in case.

If I could figure out how to make one secure....'to keep honest people honest'....I'd live in one again in a heartbeat! &nbsp;I've researched, I've asked advice, I've tied myself in knots trying to figure out how it could be done and I just can't come up with anything.

put a door in of wood, then put a lock on it? That way you keep honest people out.<br><br>cheaper living is cheaper living though, the focus is on vehicles, there are a lot of people who use shelters as well .. just my thoughts