Tuna Singles -Amazon

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firtree

Reaction score
This popped up this morning. Tuna Singles for $1 a pouch, 24 pack. Less if you do S&S (Subscribe and Save). 
Scrolling down there are all flavors of these tuna singles. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003SBTV7...PDKIKX0DER&aaxitk=GFRXmfH0OjAGexQVJ.Pc2w&th=1

Don’t know if this is a good price or if Walmart online or in store would do better. 

Tuna in a can will be less expensive but sometimes a whole can is too much to use or try to store.

The single pouches are great. I took a look at some of the other "singles" type pouches. The flavored ones get pricey and you could add your own seasonings to any pouch. The chicken salad looked good, with no need to carry around all the ingredients.

It is also OK to have that sunflower oil if you are on a **** type of diet. Helps give you energy, helps to satiate hunger. Works good in salads since with that bit of oil you don't need to add a salad dressing.

I pick those up at the store from time to time. I wouldn't have need for a 24 pack, though. That would be like a five year supply for me. I really have to be in the mood for tuna. I couldn't make it one of my main food items. At least not if I had a choice.

Current in store walmart is $1.24 per pack in south.

Tuna is always on sale somewhere, or permanently on sale. Look before you leap.

I eat tuna about once a week. I like the canned stuff cause it has a lot more meat than in the packages. Need protein. BTW, I have read that Albacore tuna is a lot higher in mercury than the other stuff. Might check.

Qxxx said:
I eat tuna about once a week. I like the canned stuff cause it has a lot more meat than in the packages. Need protein. BTW, I have read that Albacore tuna is a lot higher in mercury than the other stuff. Might check.

True.  To keep mercury and other pollutants and accumulated toxins out, eat younger, smaller fish, like mackerel, or herring, which is almost always mackerel anyway.  Albacore is the worst you're going to get in canned fish.

I was in Walmart yesterday. I noticed their store brand tuna packs are less than a dollar.

Tuna is one of the best foods to keep on the shelf. Whenever we help a food drive, we give Tuna. Best bang for the buck when it comes to nutrition/dollar.
Peanut Butter too.

Yeah..walmart brand has 2 or 3 flavors for 98 cents.