100 amp Lifepo batteries now under $250

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 37446

Reaction score
Prices continue to decline. I’m surprised that despite inflation, these batteries are now less expensive than 12v AGM.
I checked Amazon and saw this no name 100 amp Lifepo battery with a 100 amp BMS. It claims having low temp protection: See the Q&A below:
(Question: Does the battery have low temperature charge protection. Specifically, will it prevent the battery from being charged below 32F (0C)?
Answer:
Hello, the BMS of our battery has a low temperature protection function, it will stop charging the battery at -10 degrees Celsius
By PUPVWMHB Battery SELLER on February 12, 2022)

…but as Will Prowse often finds out on disassembly, not true. Buyer beware. Ad details are listed below:

PUPVWMHB 12V 100Ah LiFePO4 Battery, 100Ah Lithium Battery with 100A BMS, 5000+ times at 100% DOD 12V Lithium Batteries, Perfect for RV, Camping…​

Visit the PUPVWMHB Store
4.6 4.6 out of 5 stars 94 ratings
63 answered questions
$239.00 (Note: this is an Amazon return)

Reference the battery listed above (and others like it), in the event a person is unwilling to risk possible B grade cells, extra costs for dc to dc lithium charging devices, known issues with below 32 degree (battery) charging with units that do not have low temp protection and the inability to link together such varying battery chemistries (from sealed lead acid to lithium), you could go this route: (Again, not an endorsement, merely info).

NPD12-100Ah 12 Volt 12V 100Ah AGM SLA Deep Cycle Rechargeable Battery, 1200+ Deep Cycle 100amp Battery, for Most Home Appliances, RV, Camping, Cabin, Marine, UPS, Trolling Motor and Off-Grid System​

$199.99
Visit the NPP Store
4.4 4.4 out of 5 stars 123 ratings

| 62 answered questions

If (I wasn't near broke and) I was in the market for a replacement house battery, I‘d sure be tempted by the Lifepo unit.

Oh, just saw this, even a cheaper AGM:

WEIZE 12V 100AH Deep Cycle AGM SLA VRLA Battery for Solar System RV Camping Trolling Motor, Marine, Overland/Van, and Off Grid Applications​

Visit the WEIZE Store
4.7 4.7 out of 5 stars 107 ratings

| 31 answered questions

Amazon's Choicefor "deep cycle marine battery 12v"

$164.99

Yes a person would have to figure out how to charge it (solar, both solar and alternator, something) and that’s additional cost yet many MPPT solar charge controllers have programmable settings already.

I don’t know much about batteries yet “B grade cells”, “blems” or “irregulars” don't usually trouble me, but then this is an energy storage device (thankfully not just lithium).

Hope it helps someone.

Last edited:
Hello, the BMS of our battery has a low temperature protection function, it will stop charging the battery at -10 degrees Celsius
By PUPVWMHB Battery SELLER on February 12, 2022)
-10C would kill the battery...

-10C would kill the battery...
Yes, that‘s 14 degrees F.
Many of the tear-downs that Will Prowse has done show that cheap lithium batteries don't usually have working low temp shutoffs. Only the self-heating ones (often labeled “Plus”) can safely be charged at that low of a temperature.

Latest posts