Trogan battery

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigskybob

Reaction score
Anybody know anything about Trogan black box gc batteries?$75 on ebay.

I assume you mean Trojan black box batteries. I have never heard of them and can't find them on Trojan's web site. I would get a hold of Trojan and see if these are legit or rip offs of their name. highdesertranger

I believe might be Powertron 210AH, subsidiary brand of Trojan inc.

Sold in bulk unlabeled to Worldwide Battery.

T-605 is the model to see if it's identical.

If you can, check their weight per AH compared to labeled Powertron and/or Trojan.

Probably fine, but not **that** much cheaper than the known-good Duracell (Deka) ones.

Might be factory seconds too.

First thing is ,I have to learn to spell Trojan.I don't know who makes these.I don't need batteries right now,but I think I'll go with Duracell (Deka)when I do.First set of Dekas were great.Better than 6 years of service and I could have stretched it another year.On my third year with Crown brand now and they are already fading.They were cheap($93)and the dealer wrote me up as a farmer so I didn't have to pay sales tax.If I get 4 years out of them,the money will work out about the same.

Crown as a maker has as good a rep as Trojan or Deka. Also Superior, U.S Battery, and Rolls/Surrette at the top.

But each vendor's various lines / models are designed for different uses.

And care profile, usage patterns, temps etc all make a big difference to longevity, more so than maker differences.

John61CT said:
Crown as a maker has as good a rep as Trojan or Deka. Also Superior, U.S Battery, and Rolls/Surrette at the top.

Also Concorde's SunXtender line.

Concorde / Lifeline is one of the top AGM makers.

The above list is for FLA only.

Appreciate your input,John.But I think I'll go with my personal experience.By the way,Walmart has 2 year free replacement warranty rv batteries for $95.Maybe just buy about 1/3 the amount you need,beat the hell out of them for 2 years,then replace.

Yep that's an option.

Not ethical IMO (not worth arguing about though), and a fair bit of hassle.

The best deep-cycle battery value by far is Duracell (actually Deka/East Penn) FLA deep cycle golf cart batteries, 2x6V, around $200 per 200+AH pair from BatteriesPlus or Sam's Club.

Can easily go 6-8 years cared for properly.