Travelers Camp Fest

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mothercoder said:
I’m going to be in CO at that time but unsure about going. Hordes of people isn’t my happy place. I wonder if Kevin has an estimate of possible attendees. With Ausia and others discussing it in videos, I’m afraid it will be too big for me.

Camping some distance away is a good strategy, walking distance or farther depending on your personal comfort.  You may well find a smaller group with your same idea, personally my best case scenario.

I’m hoping to make it there. I got hung up a little in Utah. It sounds fun.

I had planned to go but the elevation is too much for me. Also the website is down and it is not too organized or so it seems to me. Instead I am going to Knoll Lake off the Mogollon Rim. There is a small campground but we follow Knoll Ridge and find some great spots. Right now there is a fire ban but hoping the coming rains will lift the ban.

There are a lot of Coloradans that love to camp in and around Clear Creek. Over the last 2 - 3 weeks Friday afternoon  to Sunday evening they fill most of the campsites both free and paid campgrounds. The only overnight parking I found was a Loves in Buena Vista and they have a small lot. 

But there's plenty to do around here with Buena Vista and Leadville close by if you arrive early.

Definitely! I had some RTR friends tell me about this a couple weeks ago. It'll be mighty refreshing after the heat and humidity I will soon be experiencing first-hand when I camp out at Rainbow nationals in Georgia the next week or so.

I'm planning on being there. Camped outside of Leadville now so it's very close.  Haven't been to a tribe related gathering before so looking forward to sharing stories and enjoying each other's company.

Jeff H.

I'm planning on attending. looking forward to seeing everyone!

Due to all the fire and smoke I have decided to camp in the White Mountains or on the Rim , AZ. I will miss meeting all and who knows, may meet some down this way. Stay safe everyone.

Where can I get directions to the gathering? Last I checked, the website hasn't been updated since last years' get together.

Google Clear Creek Reservoir CO, pops right up on Google maps. Will give you directions from your present location.

Will there be a Travelers campfest event for 2019?
Thanks

I haven't heard anything but I really hope so. I thought Kevin did a great job organizing and setting the tone for people to feel comfortable and enjoy themselves.