trailer choices are legion

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GraceinMotion

Reaction score
https://taxaoutdoors.com/

So I'm reading the news online and a local sales ad for a Tigermoth pops up. I've been researching tow options for a couple of years and have never heard of or seen this company. These look like sweet little trailers, although even on sale are pretty steep. Anyone run across one in the flesh, so to speak?

Those are wild trailers - never saw them before. Great options... that Tigermoth looks like something my little Ford Taurus could pull...

I know some people in El Paso that have the cricket and like it.

We had a Cricket in the campground that was pulled by a V6 suv and looked to fit within the suv profile. The cost was way more that I would even think of paying. It looked like the openings would be problamatic to seal and heat. Odd shapes are hard for me to like especially getting in and out and not being able to stand upright in that model. I would definitely go to tnttt.com and use one tenth the cost of those and build a foamie that I could stand in with no canvass or zippers involved on a much better trailer. If it selliing for less than $2,000 I would probably consider buying it for weekend campfire conversations as they do draw attention.

I just googled the Tigermoth campers, and wow...they ARE expensive ($17,995). I really like the designs, and the funtionality, but way too small for me, no standing room, and no kitchen/toilet, limited storage, and bad weather escapability. I really like the "foamie" idea, or a cargo trailer conversion for a fraction of the cost.