Toilet Paper

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

<p>I've done a bunch of browsing on Google today, but I can't seem to get a straight answer (I also can't find a picture of my toilet)</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>I have what I think is a cassette toilet.&nbsp; There's a pump for water, &amp; a little lever you step on to flush.&nbsp; It has 2 tanks, one for fresh water &amp; one for black water.<br>What I want to know is - is it safe to flush toilet paper?<br>I worry that it's going to clog up the works, &amp; I'm wondering if I have to find another way to deal with it, or get a special type of paper, or something<br><br>Any information on this would be helpful.</p>

It is safe, but the less paper in there the better. <br><br>I have a small porta-potty in my van, and I make sure to buy single-ply TP and use as little as possible while keeping clean. So, just practice wiping without a huge wad and you will be fine. Invest in a few wet-wipes as a follow up wipe to ensure cleanliness (don't flush the wet-wipes).<br><br>Also, use a few ounces of toilet chem and it will break down the TP and pooh while it is sitting in the tank. Makes for an easy dump-n-flush<br><br>

Latest posts