More done today

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wb8vyn

Been Thinkin'
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my butt chewed today. Just unloading as usual. Enough of that.
Today, the dent in the right front trailer corner was bugging me so I got to work on it. Not a pro job when done but water proof and looking more or less straight.
One or two more screws to finish up tomorrow.
Still have to coral the wires under the couch, Little things sure do take a lot of time.
My solar panels are working as expected - although I do have some questions in the back of my mind. For example can I continue to use the #10 wires from the panels if I add 2 more panels for a total of 6 100 watt panels into my 20 amp mppt controler? I guess I'll find out when the smoke flies. So far I've only seen 10 amps from the 4 that I now have..
I'm going to take a test run in a day or two, not too far so I can return in case things do not work or I forget a tool or some personal thing like pots and pans or dishes.
Still have to flush the water tanks and make sure the coffee pot works with battery only power. Can't live without coffee.

Check the PV input spec for your controller, 600W of solar might be too much for your 20A MPPT controller.

For example, Renogy ROVER ELITE 20A MPPT specifies Max Power Input: 12V @ 260W 24V @ 520W.

The 40A version specifies Max Power Input: 12V @ 520W 24V @ 1040W.

For sure right on the front cover at the lower half in white on black lettering on my 20amp Renogy mppt that at 12v 260 is the max for watts.

It has been a nice, trouble free panel these last 2 years. It was easy to setup.

Doug, a forum friend known as Abnorm who has the frequenty mentioned gathering know as Pirate Camp let me his ferrule crimper tool this last spring. Sweet tool which makes inserting the ferruled 10 gauge wire ends into the controller clamps very much easier to do
than the basic, stripped wire ends.

Me too---
It snowed a bit today. More like sleet (mix of rain and snow)
As you all can see, I've changed the picture that displays along with my bla bla stuff
Hard to do. It's been over two years now. So here I am alone in the middle of now where heading to more no where.
Learned how to fry an egg - progress - gained a little more weight too. Still skinny but working on my figure. I'll be a movies star if I keep at it.
Had to stop for a while, the old pickup lost the connection to a tail light due to corrosion so have ordered new ones on eBay which will be in on the 24th.
Trailer is doing fine and I sleep good but find the bed too big, I tend to get lost during the night or day when sleeping. Only fell out once this week. going to have to put up a guard rail I guess or get a leash.
The rest of you guys roaming around out there know what it's like. Peanut butter and jelly with an egg. Is it gore met or gore may? fine dining at any rate.