Today is the first day of the rest of my (mini)van life

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AD64

Reaction score
Hello everyone. 

Like so many, I've been reading the forums here and watching the videos and learning as much as I can to begin my life as a van dweller. I am thankful for all the wisdom and kindness that is shared here. 

I just put down a deposit on a 1999 Toyota Sienna and will return this afternoon to buy the vehicle. While waiting for my ride to pick up the new 'home to be', I decided it was time to register here formally and introduce myself. 

Looking forward to getting to know you and will try to take photos etc to share the transformation of the Sienna with all of you. 

Glad you are all here, very glad. 

With warm wishes,

AD

Welcome AD64,
   You've got one of the most difficult decisions for me taken care of with the purchase of the Sienna van.  I purchased a 2000 sienna new in 1999.  I now have approx 273,000 miles.  I have only used it occasionally for camping expeditions.  Last week I drove it on a 550 mile trip to Clearwater Fl and averaged 26.5 mpg.  I tried to keep it around 75 mph.   As long as it has been maintained you should get good life out of it.  You'll need a better organization system than I had but you'll find lots of help here.  Good travels to you.

Welcome aboard AD!
Ask anything here and brace yourself for all the responding posts !!

AD64! Welcome to the CRVL forums! We're looking forward to seeing your conversion. Congratulations!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes, encouragement, and the tips, to all of you.

Gapper2, I have a sense this one has at least 100,000 left on it and your experience corroborates that.

Just brought 'er home. Will now proceed with cleaning and washing. Imagining I'll take photos as I go and start a new thread to share the details for anyone interested.

The adventure has already begun.

Thanks and warm wishes,

AD

Bob has a great video of a guy who set up his Kia Sedona for extended trips. Have a look on the cheap rv living YouTube channel and see what you think

Whitey said:
Bob has a great video of a guy who set up his Kia Sedona for extended trips. Have a look on the cheap rv living YouTube channel and see what you think

Thanks for this tip, Whitey. I'll go look at that now.

Best,

AD