TMT's trailer up in smoke

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qxxx

Reaction score
Randy is well known in the local vanlife community, RTR, van build party, and the caravans too. A day or so ago, his trailer burned to the ground. I imagine it was a wiring problem or maybe propane. And he also had carotid surgery just a few days ago. Life on the road.

Thank god no animals or anyone in it.

Like I said in the essentials thread - fire extinguisher(s)

Randy said his dog was safe. The fire occurred while driving down the highway. By time they got stopped and the truck unhitched, probably too late for a little fire extinquisher in any case. It was an old trailer and he had to have the frame rewelded a couple of times in the past 6 months, so who knows what else got old and worn out.

Maybe a lesson here in putting all your eggs in one basket. Maybe good to distribute stuff between the trailer and the truck so you don't lose everything in one shot.

It makes one pause and contemplate what one would lose if that trajedy struck home.

Thank God there was no loss of life.

My dad used to say if you can resolve something with money, it's not really a problem.

Latest posts