This will be the coolest life change I have ever done....I can use advice...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DABBY OOOH

Reaction score
:angel: Well, my life just took a quick turn "left or right" and possibly a "U-turn" along the way! I am new to this and have prepared my station wagon as a new portable dwelling unit. I'm loaded up and ready to roll by the first week of August. Now, I just need to find some really great folks to join. I'm quiet, but assertive, have too many brains-bookworm- :cool: love to see new places and talk to people about their life experiences and share mine, all without invading someone's privacy. Middle aged female. Not seeking anything other than great friends... along my life journey before I have to hit a nursing home.... :s

Let me know where a lot of women and nice couples are who like to make a great friend and where your all headed...I'm in mid-eastern Michigan along the water...the thumb's bend area.....Thanks!

Dabby

Welcome DABBY OOOH! Summer everyone spreads out... where would you like to go in August?

Well...I'm not sure...I don't like the extreme heat nor the freezing cold...I don't like to walk a mile to pitch a tent in dispersed camping, I want to park my car nearby, put the tent up to use as I like but probably sleep in my already prepared station wagon. Not brave enough yet to sleep in the tent in the wilderness....LOL...but as for "where" geographically its all about weather and cost as usual. I just want to start out by being around a nice group to build my exploration skills and guts...

Crashing for the night...but if you have ideas let me know I'll read it tomorrow morning...thanks!

Welcome Dabby to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

I'm currently in Rochester and will be heading east in a week or so.  I plan to explore the upper corner of the country for a bit before heading south to escape the cold.  I'm only one, but if you want to travel with a buddy until you get used to things, you are welcome to join me.  

I do parking lots and free forest camping mostly with an occasional paid spot to catch up on anything I'm needing.

Welcome Dabby!
I can relate to most everything you said except the take-off date, and nursing home...
Like some people on this site, I plan to "exit" naturally, and peacefully in nature.
I've watched my fill of people dying in the hospital or in hospice care to prefer a different setting.
Looking forward to meeting you some day!

Gardenias said:
Welcome Dabby!
I can relate to most everything you said except the take-off date, and nursing home...
Like some people on this site, I plan to "exit" naturally, and peacefully in nature.
I've watched my fill of people dying in the hospital or in hospice care to prefer a different setting.
Looking forward to meeting you some day!

Agreed I would love to exit naturally too and actually we all do...wherever and whenever it happens. Its just the "mode of transmission and transition"...lol. :angel:

Hope to meet you too someday...I'm still packing my things and preparing... :D

THE MORE WE FRET...THE MORE WE LEARN...THE MORE WE LEARN...THE MORE WE FRET....TIME FOR A CHANGE! © 2017 Dabby Oooh ...Feel free to post it everywhere....No infringement-

DABBY OOOH said:
Agreed I would love to exit naturally too and actually we all do...wherever and whenever it happens. Its just the "mode of transmission and transition"...lol. :angel:

Hope to meet you too someday...I'm still packing my things and preparing... :D

gsfish said:
Hi DO and welcome,

What kind of wagon are you driving? You don't hear the words "station wagon" much anymore. Victim of the minivan I guess. Picture?
https://vanlivingforum.com/Thread-Sometimes-I-miss-the-huge-station-wagons-of-the-70s

Guy

Hello! Its a Mercedes "AWD" or "4Matic"-GREAT cars, big seats and space. Its like a mini-mini SUV but 30 mpg highway. I'm from the Southeast region...we still call them station wagons...LOL...