This AD made me think of you folks

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No idea what's up with it, but I have seen that same van for sale for along time.

Cry said:
No idea what's up with it, but I have seen that same van for sale for along time.
Hmm, interesting. Maybe the right people haven't seen it?

If it was 400 miles closer to PDX I'd see what was up with it....Very interested I am...

TrainChaser said:
It looks good, but I wonder how long it's been sitting?

The two dogs in the last pic do the first "interview" to see if the prospective purchaser is worthy; ... no one has been so far

yea,i have seen it for sale for at least a year,that paint job is the issue

OK Folks, I bit the bullet and called on it. I spoke to a salesman named Stan, and asked a bunch of questions.
It gets started daily, and Stan said it runs real good.  He said they have had it for about 8 months?
It has a small V8, so 318, or 360? Stan wasn't sure, but my money is on it being a 360.
It has a 3 speed transmission, so I'm betting it's a 727. That's a good thing.
It's set up for towing. Stan said it belonged to a group of tail gater's from the Twin Falls area. They towed a small trailer with food, beer, etc.
The box is all fiberglass, so no worries about leaks?
If I had the spare cash, and didn't already have both a van and two trailers, I'd be all over this. At the very least, a much closer inspection.
I told Stan I was checking on it for people from out of state, which is true. :p
There you guys have it.

John61CT said:
Worth a flight to Boise, nice drive back too.
Do your research. The phone number is in the AD, and so is the V.I.N.
Here is a copy and paste of that.
F33JT9V704089

I know somebody that frequents this site can check those numbers to see exactly how it is equipped, and any reported incidents. I forget who though.
I believe he had offered that to folks here.

AD was deleted, so I guess it was sold. Did somebody here buy it?

Ballenxj said:
OK Folks, I bit the bullet and called on it.

I told Stan I was checking on it for people from out of state, which is true. :p
There you guys have it.

That was nice of you to just be 'asking for a friend'............

Man I would not repaint it.
You could park on college campuses with that thing as the visiting team vehicle.

INTJohn said:
Man I would not repaint it.
You could park on college campuses with that thing as the visiting team vehicle.

That's a good idea! Actually, I kind of like the paint. You could probably have the lettering removed if you really wanted to.
 I'd be tempted to leave it as is and see where you could get away with parking it. :p

Ballenxj said:
That's a good idea! Actually, I kind of like the paint. You could probably have the lettering removed if you really wanted to.
 I'd be tempted to leave it as is and see where you could get away with parking it. :p

might work - its so loud you'ld never be heard.......... :exclamation:

Latest posts