Things not to do when you have been sick and haven't eaten much in the last few days:

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do not get out of your van and try to set up your privacy tent so you don't have to go poop out in the rain again. 

Of course this follows directly after: Do not decide that you like to use the toilet right out in the open, without the benefit of your privacy tent, and thus neglect to set up said tent days ago, when it is NOT windy and NOT raining.

When you do get out of your van and attempt to set up a privacy tent, definitely do not wait until it is just about to get windy and then start raining. Yup, you should really avoid that.

Next, after you have finally gotten that damned tent set up, in the wind and rain, and you are exhausted because you've barely eaten, you absolutely, positively DO NOT want to go around gathering up really large rocks to set on top of all of your tent stakes to keep your frikkin privacy tent from pulling up all its stakes and frikkin blowing away. Nope you really shouldn't attempt to do that. Especially not if you have to literally dig said rocks out of the ground.

Only an idiot would even try!

Sounds like a great list of what not to do! Hopefully that was not from trial and error.

Skip the tent. Wear a large parka instead. Keep arms and hands under the parka while seated. Use a large tarp bungeed to door handles as a lean to.

Hello Love,I hope you are feeling better.If you are in NW Arkansas you are welcome to stay at our place until you are feeling better.We have a full hookup for you.

I would imagine that part of being prepared is to have an inside emergency potty setup. Even if it only a mounts to a dishpan or garbage can lined with a double plastic bags.

highdesertranger said:
dang I hope you are feeling better.  highdesertranger

I'm feeling better enough to start poking fun at myself. In another day or so I'll no longer have an excuse to keep watching old episodes of Star Trek - Deep Space Nine all damn day. But, at least, if I have to go poop tonight, I won't have to wipe with wet toilet paper.  :s

Your sense of humor is amazingly refreshing! I had to laugh, because I do the same kind of stuff, lol. So glad you're getting better enough to laugh. It's exercise for our insides!

We do what we need to do in the time frame we have to do it. No one plans on being sick, but sometimes, we just need to soldier on !

Don't wait until you are exhausted to eat. That's just asking for trouble and then asking again, as if the universe hadn't heard you taunting it the first time.

Latest posts