Theme Songs?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is one less well remembered, but a favorite of mine.

Driver's Seat by Sniff n' the Tears

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mac Davis. "Oh Lord, It's Hard To Be Humble!" I used to sing this to irritate my mom when a teen. Lol For some reason, it stuck in my head and I can still sing it. This coming from a guy who never remembers words to songs or even who sings them!

I toured in the music biz for 30 years or so.
Willie Nelson's "On the Road Again" ,
Johnny Cash's "I've Been Everywhere"
and
Bob Seger's " Turn the Page"
are pretty accurate descriptions of that lifestyle.
Both the good and the bad.

There are a few others still ringin' in MY head too!
Actually , ALL of them still ring in my head and then there's the actual ringing as well !

Oh my Goshk ! Skuh kuh kuh kuh

Now , I still tour , just not on an itinerary.
Livin' my new life as Popeye the RV man.

........Just livin' happily ever after out on the open road ,,,,,and desert too.

Theme song, eh.  Tonight I had a craving to hear a certain song.  I don't see that I could go wrong with it as a theme song.
biggrin.gif

Daddy Dewdrop - Chick a boom

I don't have a theme song. Maybe a couple of dozen have been at various times in my life.

I don't have one major favorite traveling song either.

I guess the first that came to mind on that is Bonnie Raitt's "Slow Ride." Well, it is about driving... right? :angel:

I guess the first that came to mind on that is Bonnie Raitt's "Slow Ride." Well, it is about driving... right? uhm, I don't think that's what the song was about. I could be wrong. highdesertranger

thanks johnny b, that was a great rendition. although I listen to classic rock mostly, I do love older country western. highdesertranger

ummmm.. HDR... thanks? :dodgy: :D

johnny b -- though I cannot say I am a country music fan, that clip is a lot of fun. The obvious enjoyment on the faces of Glen and Roy makes it great. Thanks

Check out some of the other Roy Clark vids , he sure could play the git-fiddle

Reverse Engineer said:
Here is one less well remembered, but a favorite of mine.

Driver's Seat by Sniff n' the Tears

Good tune! I have not heard that one in a long time!

..............................................and now it's stuck in my head lol

I don't know about a theme song, but I'm usually belting one of these out when I am driving down the road happy: One Hand In My Pocket - Alanis Morissette
or this one: What's Up - 4 Non Blondes

I can go from Patty Loveless to Flogging Molly to Metallica, to Avenged Sevenfold, to Spin doctors. It's probably the ADHD :)

Good thread btw. Gives you insight into people from their music tastes.

X2 on Seger's "Turn the page"

Chase that with G. Thorogood's "one Scotch, one Bourbon, One Beer" for a spirit boost (pun intended)

A wee bit of Lucinda Williams " Car wheels on a Gravel Road", or most anything else she sings.....

Mellow out with Eilen Jewel "In the End"

The song that I would always play when I took off on a road trip was Tom Petty's "Time to move on" Love that guy!
Also just love the Irish band "Aslan"

Hupomone said:
The song that I would always play when I took off on a road trip was Tom Petty's "Time to move on" Love that guy!
Also just love the Irish band "Aslan"

I am a huge Tom Petty fan! He is from Florida, like me :D

Aslan is pretty good too. I'm an Irish/Scottish gal as well. I really like Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphys, Dubliners and I love Celtic Woman :p