The Under 30yo Thread

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gideon33w

Reaction score
Just curious who else on here is under 30 and how they deal with vandwelling as a younger person.
Sometimes I feel as though those of us who are young can feel isolated on this forum.
No offense intended to all the wonderful and knowledgeable person who are older of course.
There's just a very different mindset at work between a retiree and the rest of us.

So, if you're under 30 I'd love to hear about the who, whats, and whys.

Of course I will start

I'm a 29 year old male Army vet. Five years spent active duty and another five spent working for the government. 
My field is Military Intelligence and Information Technology Systems though I've been mostly away from that for a bit. 
Left that to start a production company with my significant other but now that the relationship has failed I don't know what's next.
Stopped vandwelling for the traditional lifestyle but I'm just about to return to it since things have gone sideways.
For a time I played poker professionally and I think that once my situation is stable I may do it again.
I'm from NY originally but stayed in AZ after I got out of the Army while stationed here. Don't miss cities or NY in general, haha.
I spend a lot of time dealing with depression and PTSD but I'm slowly getting better at handling life.

(Yes, I know I intentionally type my posts so that lines are roughly the same length. Don't hate on my coping mechanisms, haha)

Well ... That's me. What about you?

I think we're all under 30 in our minds...

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I'm 29. Not sure if this answers your question, but I have no difficulty socializing as a young vandweller. As with anything own the lifestyle.

I can vouch for TMG, he can socialize. he's also a good guy. highdesertranger

You may want to check out the Reddit Vandwellers forum. Most of the folks there are younger.

There is a lot of interesting differences between the two groups.

highdesertranger said:
I can vouch for TMG,  he can socialize.  he's also a good guy.  highdesertranger

Thanks guy :) See you around the fire again sometime.

it doesn't have to be under 30. a retiree is a different ballgame than us who have to work. I think many people here are doing this as a financial choice with their SSI/retirement/life savings, while young people are doing it out of their own philosophies or general malaise with the rat race. The wants, needs, desires, spending habits, outlooks, etc can be quite different.