The other three respond to verizon unlimited

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blars

Reaction score
T-mobile, Sprint, and AT&T have responded to Verizon's unlimited plan with modified offerings of their own.  https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/news/ has details.  There will be a webinar on the offerings for paid subscribers Wednesday.

I've stopped reading all of these offerings because none of them are ever really unlimited, they're just the same "drop down to 3G after you pay for x amount of real data" plans.

Just go with Cricket on AT&T.   $65 a month for true unlimited at about 8mbs which has been good enough for me to stream the entire season of Alone 3 (watch it!) with no problems.   I am using about 40G to 60G a month.

TMG51 said:
I've stopped reading all of these offerings because none of them are ever really unlimited, they're just the same "drop down to 3G after you pay for x amount of real data" plans.

The new Verizon offering doesn't drop down to 3G, except for using as a Hotspot after 10GB, which may be what you are talking about. If all you use the data plan for is on your phone then you have unlimited LTE. Of course the network management may prioritize you behind other users once you hit 22GB of data, but that's really only a concern on congested, high-use towers.

I live with a 25GB data limit on my home internet which I manage to stay under every month, even with video streaming...I think the new Verizon plan may be a good possibility for me.

Yeah, I use a hotspot with my laptop. Not terribly interested in watching Netflix on my phone, or photo editing & upload, stuff like that.

Latest posts