the kam van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cammalu said:
So Kam, when are you going to open your custom van makeover shop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh I would LOVE to build custom vans!

cortttt said:
You set the standard for design!

A modified weed sprayer! I love it.  Plus an ex-border patrol vehicle....ha....

What fridge are you using and how did you choose it?
I bought this fridge: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002W...ge+whynter&dpPl=1&dpID=416V7zal0tL&ref=plSrch

Its pretty much the best fridge I could afford and it seems to work well so far. At first I was scared of the huge size but for me it can hold up to 2 weeks of food if I'm careful. Doesn't seem to take too much power at all either.

Thanks for all the compliments everyone! Hope you're having fun building yours too! Unfortunately I've been having some mechanical issues (mostly caused by own tinkering haha) but I'll be on the road soon enough..

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Dang man, this looks amazing I love all the wood. This is an inspiration, makes me want to customize something for my next rig instead of doing another pre made truck camper. I agree with the other commentor, you could start a conversion business if you wanted.

kamturbo said:
Here's the fridge.  It's on slides so when I'm in full discrete mode the fridge slides away from the front passenger area.

Hopefully all these pics were embedded right. Haven't posted in a forum in ages.  Thanks for looking!  I have T-mobile so my connection can be spotty.  Sorry in advance if I don't reply to any future posts quickly.  Have fun everyone!

Kam,

Great job! Not sure how busy you are, but I was wondering if you would be interested in converting a 7x14 cargo trailer? I love your work!!!

Thanks
2WOLVES
KK

2WOLVES said:
Kam,

Great job! Not sure how busy you are, but I was wondering if you would be interested in converting a 7x14 cargo trailer? I love your work!!!

Thanks
2WOLVES
KK

Converting a cargo trailer? Sounds fun! Where are you located?

kamturbo said:
Converting a cargo trailer?  Sounds fun!  Where are you located?

I'm in Kentucky, however I will be in Sacramento next week with the military. My location is not an issue. I will come to you. I love your work. I'm going to be using the trailer to live in during the winter months in AZ. Do you have a rough idea what it may cause to convert a 7x14. I know with your build you tried to keep it simple, and that's what I want to do i.e. toilet, sink with foot pump and drainage system. I'm retiring in September, but I will be finished on 30 June. I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks
Tom

2WOLVES said:
I'm in Kentucky, however I will be in Sacramento next week with the military. My location is not an issue. I will come to you. I love your work. I'm going to be using the trailer to live in during the winter months in AZ. Do you have a rough idea what it may cause to convert a 7x14. I know with ...

Thanks
Tom

Tom, I'm sure I can help you out. I've sent you a PM.

Hi Bob said:
Wow!!! I mean really, just... WOW!!!

Fantastic job!!

Since you are in a sharing mood, would you be willing to let me do a blog post of your build? It could be as easy as me downloading thi parts of this post.

If I begged, would you consider letting me shoot a video of it? (please don't make me beg--it ain't a pretty sight!) I'm just kidding, but if you would rather not I totally understand. If you are interested, where are you at and where are you heading? I'm at Cottonwood AZ but I'm planning to be in Pahrump, NV by April 14 and headed to the Alabama Hills and Lone Pine, CA after that. But I could met you closer to So Cal. I know good camping at Victorville.

Whatever you decide, thanks so much for posting here--it's gorgeous!

It just so happens that Pahrump has great camping and a super T-Mobile Signal. A friend was there with me and has unlimited T-Mobile, she watched videos 24 hours a day!

Great Work Kam!!! Gave me lots of Ideas for my hi top Savana, Thanks!!

No, we had an appointment set for m to shoot a video but something came up and it as canceled by him. I haven't heard anything from him since. I'd gladly do it!
Bob

Thanks Gadget and Brenda! Sorry to cancel on you Bob but hopefully we can meet in the future.

Btw there is a possibility of me selling this van in the near future if anyone is interested. Came across a great deal (free from my parents 😀) on a 4wd tundra that I'm highly considering building a camper for.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk