The costs of a full year van-dwelling

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many, many grats, that's precisely the kind of feedback I was wondering about, and of course you're right on top of it as I would surmise. You can't imagine how much I value the information you're putting up, I know it's real and comes from someone actually doing it, as I go through the pre-travel trepidation stage. Thanks for taking the time to do what you're doing, I'd feel fortunate if our paths were to cross sometime in the future, best to you in all things.

Even if you do like campgrounds and full hookups (DH does), you can still save a bundle on rent and gas if you just stay put for a while. Weekly rates give you a break and monthly rates give you an even bigger one. Where we are, now, in Hill City SD, it's $25 a day. But weekly rates are $150 and monthly rates for full hookup are $495. They have no showers, toilet or laundry. However they do have a fabulous area for the dog (important to us), a creek full of trout, plenty of things nearby to do, and town is only 3 miles away.

There are ways to save no matter what your preferred life style is.