Thanks for being here!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GypsyWest

Reaction score
Hi, Silvianne here--met some of you at last year's RTR (I was the one in the Saturn wagon and the tent!).<BR><BR>I was feeling so down this week--Thursday was the one year anniversary of my "revelation" -- when I decided to sell my cabin and go live on the road... and here I am still "stuck" in sticks 'n bricks... the last straw was having to "borrow" from my hard won van fund to pay this month's mortgage.<BR><BR>But after spending the last few hours reading your posts I am re-inspired... I almost have enough saved to buy an older van (I love them best anyway!) and me and the cats are hitting the road SOON... even if, worst case scenario,&nbsp;I have to actually abandon the house and the theoretical equity, so what!!!!????? At least I won't be spending all my life energy just to pay the mortgage...<BR><BR>The lure of the road, fun, adventure, FREEDOM is calling... I will be at the RTR in January&nbsp;either in&nbsp;the Saturn again (she's pushing 290,000 miles and still running fine--what a trooper!), or&nbsp;who knows, in a new/old van...&nbsp;look forward to meeting some of you in person...&nbsp; in the meantime, thanks for all the sharing, it really does help. love - S.&nbsp;<BR>

<P>Hi Silvianne!&nbsp; Looking forward to seeing you, again! </P>

<P>Thanks, Cyndi -- looking forward to seeing you and Stumpy again as well!</P>

Hey gypsywave, welcome to the forum. If you did last years RTR , then you already know a bunch of folks here.
Les

Good luck on getting something for your house.&nbsp; I wound up selling mine a couple of months ago to a speculator for less than I paid 19 years earlier, but got enough to pay off the mortgage and my other debt and have some left.<br>