Texas gulf coast for winter?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stayed at the Padre Island National Seashore last April wanting to stay on the beach. Just before the gate to the Park on the left is a beach camping access and I understand after the main parking lot is also beach access.

The problem was when was there I needed to stay in the campground as there was a strong storm off the coast and there was no beach to camp due to high tides.

Just be cautious of the weather when staying on the beach.

Brent

Thank u for sharing expereince exactky what I was thinking on weather. If big storm comes everyone needs to get off beach and things could fill up. I see right now is end of hurricane season. Looks like that generally winds up in week or two. But anything can happen with weather.

Glad u took pics in case it is gone still get to see it cool

everybody remember driving on beach sand is just as bad for your vehicle as driving on salted roads. highdesertranger

I am at padre, it is a long haul to get here from elpaso, not many truck stops only rest areas, but worth it to me. all people have said is true, easy to camp on beach, beautiful, rangers saying hard on vehicles, bridge is a little yuck but short, dog is finally clean!

Campground by visitors center is paved like muddy says very nice, laid back area. Great educational stuff, bird migration area. Never seen so many different kinds of birds in one coastal area. Tons of Fisher people, which does make for traffic on beach. This is campground by visitors center

Attachments

• IMG_20160928_152311.jpg
    IMG_20160928_152311.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 12
pamerica said:
Okay, all this talk about big, bad bridges makes me queasy.
Are they all as bad as you folks make them sound?

I don't remember any of the bridges being scary, in the least.