Tesla Electric Cybertruck For Truck Campers

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there are a lot of people that are not considering how much weight and air resistance will affect the number of miles between charges and charge times required to get back on the road. Imagine what the effects will be on the already overloaded power grid not to mention what it will do to the cost of electricity, shortages of natural resources, and the amount of new forms of pollution that will be created. Solar as a electrical power source will help but so far nuclear power seems to be the only solution for the large amounts of cheap electricity which will eventually be required. We haven't done very well managing the planets resources in the past and it seems we are awfully slow to learn. The real problem is a cheap non polluting source of power and it's distribution.

What do y'all think??

Attachments

• Beverly Hillbillies Cybertruck.jpg
    Beverly Hillbillies Cybertruck.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 5
I think a true wedge shape topper rounded on the back with a foldable bed running down one side maybe like the old Avion truck camper rear with a rear door built into a rear wall that can be raised to accommodate hauling the atv and creating a roof over the tailgate while open with screened in walls extending down and attaching to the tailgate . Weight and wind resistance will be the problem.

These days solar and wind is cheaper. Nuclear’s okay by me, but not the historical US folks. The French and/or the Chinese would be good.

MaTaLa said:
When I first saw the photo my reaction was whoa, that's ugly!! However, after some reconsideration, I like it better than the new pickups bloated w/ faux bling.

I don't like the (absence of) design. I reminds me of something you'd see at cardboard boat races. And, I agree about the bloated looking trucks today. I feel dwarfed in my '95 F250.

It's an eyesore. Not really a fan of it's aesthetic although I want to see someone using it for camping for real.