Tesla Cybertruck owners get warning from US Forest Service

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your bias is too much for me:(
So, You're allowed to have your biases, but he is not? We all have our own biases based on our own life experiences.
Perhaps you should restate your reply as "his logic and reasoning and grasp of the facts are too much for you…"?

The vehicle in the video probably was a two wheel drive model, any pickup truck using 2WD would have had a problem in those conditions.

Have Cybertruck users (cyberpunks?) displayed a greater propensity towards poor behavior offroad?

The tesla in question was the subject of poor driving choices, poor driving skills, and low experience dealing with the conditions much more than the vehicle type.

I'm not in the market for one of these and never will be... but it seems like electric vehicles with a motor on each wheel would have the best offroad potential. That way you can program the operation of each wheel independently. The Cybertruck has either 1 motor (RWD), 2 motors (AWD), or 3 motors (AWD).

I don't like Musk much and like many business owners has mainly just hired the folks doing the real work.

Certainly. His companies must have thousands of engineers on the payroll along with all the rest. But he is able to give top level direction and guidance and understand what they are doing. Just being able to assemble and motivate such an obviously outstanding team is a huge accomplishment.

Gates may have been more of a business manager, but Microsoft would not have been what it is without him. And so on.

I really dislike Gates. His main attributes were being clever and ruthless. Once he had a dominant position with his crappy operating system he leveraged that to put many better software companies out of business... usually by simply reverse engineering their software and tweaking it a bit, and selling it cheap or bundling it with Windows. The game was "could he get away with it?" and he did, because the anti-trust authorities didn't know what to do about software monopolies. He acted like a buffoon at the Netscape trial. Software is a product where the marginal cost to produce is almost zero, which is why the big ones hardly employ any humans compared to their earnings.

I actually used to dislike Musk too. For some reason I thought he'd owned ebay back in the day, rather than paypal.... and ebay was another evil company like Microsoft.

The vehicle in the video probably was a two wheel drive model, any pickup truck using 2WD would have had a problem in those conditions.

It's definitely 4wd... all the wheels are spinning.

I'm not in the market for one of these and never will be... but it seems like electric vehicles with a motor on each wheel would have the best offroad potential. That way you can program the operation of each wheel independently. The Cybertruck has either 1 motor (RWD), 2 motors (AWD), or 3 motors (AWD).

I dont know the ins and outs of electric 4wd, theres of course different needs for different conditions. I think in some conditions the mechanical advantage to varying drive ratios of 2 high vs 4 high vs 4 low can be a factor even with electric, as it gives more torque advantage in high load low speed uses like rock crawling or pulling at low speed.

Just last night I saw this vid, theres 2 electric 4wd vehicles, one is a hybrid, I believe the other is electric only but it was late and I was not in top comprehension mode. The electric stuff is at about 29.00 but I enjoyed the entire video, being familiar with many of the people and liking seeing the vehicles used in that area and people that are good with them. It was not an in depth bit about the electric rigs, Im curious how they end up working out, but I believe they are more proof of concept as much as anything at this point and will no doubt be advanced in its development as time goes on. These are about as close to the tesla vehicle as any highly modified vehicle is to a stock factory one.