TENNESSEE FIRE EVACUATIONS!!!!!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gramakittycat

Reaction score
Gatlinburg Tenn. has been evacuated due to forest fire .If you have friends or family in the area there is no cell or phone service.I have no further details.It looks bad ,Pray for those in  the area also have heard Pigeon Forge also in danger.

Check on relatives. This is a major east-west travel route for much businesses and for holiday season. Be aware folks and work plans. No cell service means only emergency radios, some cb radios, and ham radios will work; and satellite communications. Good luck and stay safe to residents there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I left out of Tennessee a couple weeks earlier than planned due to smoke/air quality. Was in the Knoxville area and they were advising people to stay home. Fires were bad in Kentucky, Tennessee and Georgia. :(

National news this morning ,some rain forecast but not enough to help.The winds are to strong and are fanning the flames. Dollywood is now in danger. They also report it is believed to be caused by arson.They all need our good thoughts and prayers right now.There are a number of places offering shelter and parking for campers evacuating the fires.

I came through there two weeks ago and the fires burning in NC were putting smoke up to about 4000 ft. The last 100 miles of the Blue Ridge Parkway were closed in so bad you couldn't see 100 feet off the roadway. All the state parks in the area closed down so that the staff could go fight the fires burning in other parks.

I was in Knoxville before the air cleared up well enough for breathing and it took a couple of days for my throat to return to normal.

Evacuating Gatlinburg must be total chaos since there's only one way out of town that's not headed towards more fires.

My sincere sympathies are with all those affected.

Pigeon Forge evacuated also.These are two places offering free places for campers Anchor Down Rv Resort and River Plantation Rv resort. Dollywood now is being evacuated also.

gramakittycat said:
Pigeon Forge evacuated also.These are two  places offering  free places for campers Anchor Down Rv Resort and River Plantation Rv resort. Dollywood now is being evacuated also.

Have family in Pigeon Forge, thank you for posting about this. Haven't talked to them in last two days. :s

That area is heavily marketed here where I live.  Dolly Parton  got a big part of her career start here with Porter Wagoner and the Wagonmasters.  The local TV stations has always treated her as a sweet heart of the community and she has used it to advertise Dollywood since it's inception.  

Dollywood TN and Myrtle Beach SC are two BIG vacation markets that target this area.

I'm watching the TV news on that Station right now and they have devoted a big part of the news cast to
reporting the status of the area.  The weather man mentioned their having had 80 mph wind gust there which
supposedly had a lot of impact on the fires and their spread there in the Gatlinburg TN area. 

They showed a few web cams that were still working in that area but the air was so smoked filled you couldn't see much.

Goshawk said:
Check on relatives. This is a major east-west travel route for much businesses and for holiday season.  Be aware folks and work plans. No cell service means only emergency radios, some cb radios, and ham radios will work; and satellite communications. Good luck and stay safe to residents there.

Just spoke with my mother-in-law they left their home in Pigeon Forge, and are safely at home in SC.
:shy:

I was up in Gatlinburg in early October. The pictures are a nightmare, especially compared to how it looked back then. Before this I wouldn't believe that you could burn the hardwood forests in the foothills, but there is no disputing the evidence. The eastern end of NC is still cleaning up from a record breaking flood, while the western end is parched and burning.

Just saw a picture of the gattlinburg welcome center sign. It's all burnt up completely. Gone to ashes.

I just saw some video on the news. It really sucks when you lose everything in a fire.....

I'm sometimes for cruel and unusual punishment...... when they catch the A-holes who set this fire, their punishment should involve liberal use of fire........ Just saying........

Like a few years back when a Mother drowned her children in the family car...... her punishment should have involved a car and massive quantities of water......

Don't go making me a judge!

Dave

Latest posts