Tav Camping

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tav-2020

Reaction score
I almost slept in the car this past weekend while camping at the ocean on the Massachusetts coast. Had it all set-up in case I need to evacuate tent in middle of night. Torrential rains, high winds and mixed-in thunder storms.

But tent held up amazingly! As did new canopy. Nary a leak anywhere through two nights of turbulent weather.
Due to setting up my car with a bed I feel I am legit to start a Captain's Log thread. :p 

Pics are of just the basic of camp that i got set before weather set in...and a happy Soren
So happy to be in camping season here in the Northeast!

Attachments

• IMG_2509.JPG
    IMG_2509.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2511.JPG
    IMG_2511.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 17
  • sorenSal.JPG
    sorenSal.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 16
well, last sunrise this morning for my ocean camping season here in the northeast...sigh. i'm kinda squinty here 'cause i just could not stop watching the sun. i know, not sposed to do that  :p
have a couple more local camping trips in September but do love the ocean best  :heart:

IMG_0413.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0413.JPG
    IMG_0413.JPG
    667.4 KB · Views: 14
never say done...thought i had bid goodbye for the season to ocean beach camping in August, but a flawless weather weekend here in the northeast had me packing car and taking a chance on walk-in campsite.

beachSept.JPG

SorenBeachRotated.png

also did a daytrip to Gloucester, MA - had never been.

glouc3.JPG

the full log of the weekend with more pics is here:
https://tagalongvagabond.com/2018/09/19/not-so-fast/

Note: i had to switch hosting of my blog and in doing so lost all my comments/replies. :(
also, if you followed it and want to continue to do so, you will need to re-activate your follow. sorry

Attachments

• beachSept.JPG
    beachSept.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 6
  • SorenBeachRotated.png
    SorenBeachRotated.png
    455.4 KB · Views: 5
  • glouc3.JPG
    glouc3.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 5