Taking credit cards for payment

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blars

Reaction score
I saw an interesing little device in use last night (at a hackerspace) so I looked it up on the internet.&nbsp; It's a miniture credit card swipe reader that hooks to an android, iphone, or ipad.&nbsp; Free device, no minimums, and fees less than many small businesses pay to normal banks for credit card processing.&nbsp; Go to <a target="_blank" href="http://squareup.com">squareup.com</a> for more info.&nbsp; Not only do I now have one, I don't have any of the devices it would work with.<br><br><br>

Yup. A lot of the people I work with have these. They use them to recoup cash for those who forget when they sell girl scout cookies and what not for their kids. It's pretty handy.

I looked at it briefly as a way to allow customers an option to use cc's to pay smaller bills. I have it bookmarked, but havnt done any further research. It would be good for flea mkt sales, but I don't know how it would work for $3-10k home repairs, the niche I have created for myself.
Les