T-Mobile Hot Spot Free Trial-30GB or 30 Days

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T-Mobile used to not work outside of major cities. I have heard that has changed(somewhat). please let us know how it works out. you're the guinea pig. LOL highdesertranger

I'm a total newbie here. I'm not "road bound" (yes), but have been living a fairly simple, sustainable life for some time.

My cell phone is from T-Mobile and live outside of a major city. I have some dead spots, but overall it isn't bad. I'm on a plan with a group of friends and the price is insanely low ($25/month for 4 gig data, unlimited talk/text, international text and data). T-Mobile just merged with Sprint, so we'll see that brings.

The good thing about this device is that it works with the new 600 MHz (Band 71) Extended Range LTE that TMobile has been rolling out in rural areas. That band works twice as far away from the towers. I already have TMobile so I don't, technically, qualify for this trial. Using this band would be the main reason for me to upgrade my phone.

Currently, the only place I have been where others could get signal but I couldn't is at Jamie's van build party on Shea road, south of Parker, AZ, due to the mountains. But there are other areas south of Parker, AZ that are miles from Parker where I get great signal, even without this new band.

I think the main reason for TMobile to make this offer is to get people to see the benefits of this new band.