Survivor Van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lc94fsh

Reaction score
Well I've posted before asking for advice and you guys have been really helpful. I think it's only fair I show you all a bit about our 49 state roadtrip!

My name is Luis and me, my girlfriend Melissa, and our black Labrador have recently started our massive 49 state road trip. We are 20, 19, and 1 year old, originally from southern Oregon. Currently we are in Salt Lake City for a bit of a detour but so far we've been to Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, and Utah. We've been rushing way too much though and will be slowing down. We work for all of our money, picking up small gigs and jobs along the way. Some people are totally fine with begging for and accepting money from other people but we hopefully will never have to. (There's a reason the word hippy came from hypocrite)

Along the way we are documenting and taking lot's of photos, soon we will be making a web series about our travels and living on the road. We are already getting our footage organized to send to our editor back in Oregon.

There is so much to tell about our trip so far but hopefully I will allow our photos to explain it. Thanks to anyone who might be interested.

...As soon as I figure out a fast way to upload them..

WOO-HOO!!!

Way to represent!!! :D
Sounds like an absolute blast!!

Be safe & have fun!!

Patrick from the Southern Oregon Coast! :D

9Cqu7mkl.jpg

ShJOAjLl.jpg

Bg6b3Bul.jpg

cd9CLqPl.jpg

zqplyx8l.jpg

1nNw5ITl.jpg

BSmDdKPl.jpg

sgKy4Qwl.jpg

OtGwXHfl.jpg

nXNV2EGl.jpg

few random ones I selected real fast. Let me know what you think!

Way cool! You're making obsolete that old canard about 'youth being wasted on the young' :)

As me dear old grandmama was quick to recite:

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon the fields.

Wow! You guys are the same ages as my first wife and I when we got married! (1971) My hair was about that long, too! Wish we had gotten along as well as you two seem to be. We bought a 1996 Aerostar van when our kids were teens. Also in Oregon, we made many snow trips up Mt. Hood and the occasional ice storm. Rarely needed chains. Electronic 4wd. Had that van 15 years with no problems other than usual wear and tear. Very comfortable drivers seat. The one pic looks like the extended version.
Plenty of room for two plus pet. Best wishes on your jobs and travels. And am looking forward to more posts and pics!

I am envious. to be young and on the road, good luck, best wishes. keep us informed. highdesertranger

Welcome! How long do you expect the trip to take? One thing is you should plan it out in terms of what the weather will be like in each of the states when you visit it. This time of year you should be in the northern states--you definitely don't want to be in those states in the coldest part of winter.

As a destination variant try finding the high point of the state. Usually interesting. You can also do some geocaching along the way.

Hey everyone we have a Facebook page if you would like to check it out
www.facebook.com/survivorvan
or if any of you are are as lame as us and have a twitter
www.twitter.com/survivorvan

You can check out our pictures and where we are heading from there let me know what you think!
I'll try to keep posting pictures to this thread occasionally though too.

Also I think this thread was moved to the wrong section on accident. Why does it say its in the "stealth parking" section?

realspur62 said:
Wow! You guys are the same ages as my first wife and I when we got married! (1971) My hair was about that long, too! Wish we had gotten along as well as you two seem to be. We bought a 1996 Aerostar van when our kids were teens. Also in Oregon, we made many snow trips up Mt. Hood and the occasional ice storm. Rarely needed chains. Electronic 4wd. Had that van 15 years with no problems other than usual wear and tear. Very comfortable drivers seat. The one pic looks like the extended version.
Plenty of room for two plus pet. Best wishes on your jobs and travels. And am looking forward to more posts and pics!

My work van is a Ford Aerostar (1993) and has over 300K miles on the original 3.0 Vulcan engine. Reliable as hell. I wish Ford still made them.

So on our way through ND towards Minnesota we drove through a craaaaaaaazy freaking storm. At one point we couldn't even see 10 feet through the rain and had to stop. While we waited for it to calm a bit we took some cool pics messing around with long exposure. If any of ya'll are into that stuff check it out.

jVbnDt2l.jpg

I4cxP7Ul.jpg

(That eary green hue behind the heart is actually created by several lightning strikes that occurred during the exposure.)

So here's another thing, and moderator or admin please remove this if it is not allowed and know I mean't no harm in posting thing. I hope links to personal pages are allowed but if they are not I totally understand if you'd like it removed but...
Me and Melissa have created an indiegogo page for our travels and upcoming documentary web series. I'd like to share it with you guys in hopes you'll that a few of you might be interested in what we are trying to do. You can watch the video here

And the page is here
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/survivor-van/x/8158692

For any of you that use Facebook (Which believe me I understand is quite the waste of time, but almost necessary in this day and age) you can follow us or check out more pictures here. www.facebook.com/survivorvan