sunset

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highdesertranger

R.I.P HDR
Reaction score
what a awesome sunset today.  the sun reflecting off the clouds was almost unbelievable.  the colors were not only where the sun was going down but everywhere north, south,  east, and west all showed color.  we are up by Lake Mead prospecting.  Tim,  Clint and Darlene,  Cindy,  Alex, Cammalu, John and me are all here,  we expect  a few more in the next couple of days.  a mini prospecting caravan.  anyhoo here's a couple of pics,

all pictures courtesy of Darlene Hansen,

tim.jpg
Timmy admiring the colors

thumbnail.1.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail.2.jpg

besides the great colors we are getting sporadic rain and wind.  nothing bad, it's great to be boondocking in the middle of nowhere.
once again thank you Darlene Hansen for the great pics.  be sure to catch her youtube channel she will have vids in the future of this trip,  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD-zbU2w8y6sp9s54d-Y_ew

highdesertranger

Attachments

• tim.jpg
    tim.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 21
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 18
  • thumbnail.1.jpg
    thumbnail.1.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 14
  • thumbnail.2.jpg
    thumbnail.2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 21
It's not quite as spectacular as the above pics but here's tonight's sunset from Tom Wells Rd off exit 5

tomwells.jpg

Attachments

• tomwells.jpg
    tomwells.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 10
"How is the prospecting this year ?"

yesterday was our first day, we ran about 1/2 a day. 4 of us ran the Drywasher the rest went sampling for new places to dig. first clean up we got a few pickers, we haven't run the fines yet we will do that today when we have more. Darlene did a lot of filming for a vid.

highdesertranger

Wow this looks so fun. And beautiful pictures HDR! Maybe someday I'll be able to join you guys.

Awesome pics HDR. I've lived in NM and AZ for the last 17 years and am still mesmerized by the sunsets almost every night. Sometimes the sunrises are spectacular as well.

I will never move away from the enchanting beauty of the desert and the mountains...

The only close to such a sunset......is a sunrise! Both times are "God moments" when everything seems so quiet and peaceful. I am a morning guy and love watching the sun come up as the world awakens. Enjoy your sunsets.

I watch both sunrises and sunsets. Sunsets in the desert are almost always way more spectacular than the sunrises.

We get some colorful sunsets here too!

This was a few days ago, on the west edge of my lot, near the Yuccas:

Attachments

• KIMG1138 (1).JPG
    KIMG1138 (1).JPG
    186.8 KB · Views: 11
Darlene takes amazing photos.  Timmy was an excellent subject to photograph.  Even with the high winds, another beautiful sunset is taking shape. The other amazing aspect of this place is the quietness, well when the wind isn't blowing. It is an unbelievable stillness.  Friday morning the winds are to calm a bit only to ramp up again Sunday about 9 a.m.

i feel like i'm in a prison cell.......you people are so fortunate to be out there living in the breathtaking sunsets & experiencing such peace........makes me wanna get out there asap !!!!!  But i have to wait !!!!!!

Sorry about your trailer Cammalu....after seeing that, any idea of towing went out the window for me....good thing YOU weren't injured !!