Suddenly, so many DIY vandweller youtubers?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brahmon

Reaction score
has anyone else noticed this?   i dont mind since i'm learning about all this stuff, but i'm just curious why all of a sudden there are so many bob wells clones popping up on youtube?   virtually with the same edutainment
videos!    is everyone tryin to make a buck off of vandwelling now?  

dont worry, no way im gonna youtube. 

lol

Yeah. The trend has peaked and on the wane.

It’s just like the van craze of the 70’s but with more everything. It’ll die down once their pos van breaks down. Then the boneyards will be flooded

No way like the old way, been doing this forever find your own way forget all the GURUS. Bob is a good guy and just that you are you, do it your way..

just take them with a grain of salt. remember everything you see/read on the internet isn't true, some of these guru's give bad advice. highdesertranger

I love the ones where they post their minimalist budgets of only $4k a month. Theyre 20 something from the bay area and teaching us how to be frugal.

It's reached the point of being silly... :p

The ones I don't understand are the videos showing what they are eating for lunch --  like don't most people know how to eat???   :huh:

They all watched the same video on how you could make $$$$$$ a year with vlogging and instagram and becoming 'influncers' and getting free stuff by spamming your links everywhere to get those very important clicks without actually participating in the forums you spam. It requires doing outrageous stuff and creating lots of drama to keep your viewers "engaged" or something.

It's now gone meta -- there's a guy calling himself "vlogger puppets" making fun of them.

Nothing to see here, basically.

Wearing skimpy outfits helps the subscriber numbers too, at least in the sailing vlogs.

The DIY approach fits naturally with linkbaiting.

It also fits in with people who are addicted to shopping on Amazon.

The DIY approach tells people they are going to save a fortune. Thus it becomes the enabler of ego-worshipping over-improvers.

As a newbie 'vlogger' I decided to create something my grand kids could find after I'm gone. I don't sell stickers, could care less about instagram and my descriptions probably leave a little to be desired. I don't care about subscribers or what they think or say although if it is a positive comment i try to reply in kind.

I did start posting links to the donation pages of the local animal shelters. That would be my only fiduciary interest.

I view the youtube channel as a personal webpage where i don't have to type much. If something I say or show helps someone or they find it interesting so much the better but I try to keep in mind that my ultimate audience are not old enough to get on the internet yet.

Meh, I don't watch any vandweller vids. I don't need to--I am too busy actually vandwelling.

getting slammed with battle born "reviews" by these new popup vandweller "gurus."

ima set up a youtune channel so i can get sponsored by battle born! free lifep04 batteries! lol

What bugs me are the ones that mostly just criticize other YouTube channels.

There’s one (Naming names: Little House on the Road) who constantly cites content on other channels and deliberately does not link to or name who he’s referring to, then he distorts, exaggerates and sometimes straight makes up things about what they’re trying to say.

JD GUMBEE said:
One need not go to youtube for this, it happens right in any forum on the net.

:(

No arguments with that from me in general, but this guy BSing other van dwellers and wouldbe’s.

This guy is particularly irksome with his clickbait titles and profiting from piggybacking off others content with zero attribution.

He’s trying to be some kind of anti-Bob Wells that discourages people from mobile living. It’s pathetic. He spent all kinds of time talking about the trials of RV living out West but he’s never made it West of the SD badlands...

About 5,970,000 results (0.64 seconds)
Search Results
Web results
Living The Van Life - YouTube

Wow, just last month there was only 5,969,000 results. So little time, so many videos..... :)

Latest posts