Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum offers free admsn & lunch Nov. 11

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sometimesido

Reaction score
Something lighter than my previous post.

http://www.wahoo-ashland-waverly.co...cle_a12394a8-b5f0-11e7-9606-43f775fe2705.html

28210 West Park Highway
Ashland, NE 68003

"The Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum offers free admission and lunch to all military veterans during its Veterans Day program on Saturday, Nov. 11. The public is invited to attend the Veterans Day program. Advanced registration is required and admission is paid at the door for all non-veterans but lunch is free for all who register."

"Guests should arrive before 11:30 a.m.; the program will begin with the posting of the colors by the Ashland Legion Post 129 and will conclude with a tour of the EC-135 “Looking Glass” currently being restored by the museum. The aircraft will become the museum’s first walk through exhibit. Expected completion of the aircraft restoration and exhibition display is 2020.

Advance registration is required and veterans are encouraged to attend this event in uniform. Guests are asked to go online or call the museum by Friday, Nov. 3 to register. The website address is www.SACMuseum.org or call 402-944-3100."

sometimesido said:
Something lighter than my previous post.
Thermonuclear bombing?
What was your prev post, LoL

Good info, people rave about this museum-
Brother was going on about just the other day

the movie ticket thing. I could not finish the trailer. It's only about 2 minutes.

"The Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum offers free admission and lunch to all military veterans during its Veterans Day program on Saturday, Nov. 11. The public is invited to attend the Veterans Day program. Advanced registration is required and admission is paid at the door for all non-veterans but lunch is free for all who register."

I think we owe our vets more than a free admission.  In our family, if we see a military family or a guy or just anyone who is in the service, we thank them for their service and pay for their meals.   My cousin carries in his wallet gift cards for like Chilis or Olive Garden or Outback etc.  And if he sees an active military member out in public, he gives it to the guy/gal. 

This museum is on my bucket list of places to see.  I went to the tank museum last near Fort Knox and it was well worth the trip and the info learned.

Would like to visit that museum and tour the EC-135 exhibit. I was assigned to SAC HQ at Offutt AFB and was there during the last days of the Vietnam war and have some great memories of the time I was there. Can't believe it has been so long since I have made a trip back.