Straight Talk $45/mo Unlimited Plan, Is it good?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott_1776

Reaction score
Looking at the website, you can get unlimited calls and texts and 3GB of 3/4G data speeds a month and then after the 3GB a throttled down unlimited usage. The cool thing is they use all networks (Sprint, ATT & Verizon) so if you have a Verizon phone, then you can keep it and be using the Verizon network.

My question is how does the throttling effect the performance, is it like going back to dail up speeds?

Short answer: Throttling is still usable, barely!

There's law suits floating around about this too. The "unlimited" part.

Howard's will give you the long answer! They are the authority!

We heartily disliked Straight Talk when we tried it 9 or 10 months ago. We couldn't figure out how much service we had left and when we called customer support we had to wait forever and then got confusing answers. It did keep us connected on a 3-week trip, that's the best I can say for it.

I forgot that Page Plus is also owned by Tracfone (America Movil), same owner of Straight Talk.

Lovemy dogs said:
We heartily disliked Straight Talk when we tried it 9 or 10 months ago. We couldn't figure out how much service we had left and when we called customer support we had to wait forever and then got confusing answers. It did keep us connected on a 3-week trip, that's the best I can say for it.

If you had unlimited service, why would you need to see how much service was left? Doesn't it go month to month?

LFM said:
If you had unlimited service, why would you need to see how much service was left? Doesn't it go month to month?

Not sure how to do that on straighttalk for data balance. On pageplus it's a text to a number with the partial word BAL. Gives me immediate balance.

LFM said:

We now have unlimited service with Verizon, on a plan they aren't offering any more, but at the time we had Straight Talk, we didn't have unlimited service, just a little bit.