Stolen and Recovered 96 Dodge B3500

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_elijah_gardner

Reaction score
Back in late May my 96 Dodge B3500 was stolen. I recovered my van a little more than two months later. I am very grateful to have it back even though I had already purchased another van to replace it. I learned that my insurance coverage at the time did not cover the theft and damages. I have since changed my insurance coverage.

Overall its in much better condition than I imagined it would be in. They did spray paint a couple of the doors. They upgraded my ignition to a fancy key less start. A few new dents and scratches. They also roasted the rear tires. The worst of it is they tore out the whole build.

attached are a couple before and after pics.
BA2.png
BA1.png

Attachments

• BA2.png
    BA2.png
    728.2 KB · Views: 28
  • BA1.png
    BA1.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
Well thats nice that you  recovered such a pretty gal. Glad they didn't do body mechanical damage.
I don't know why they tore out the interior it looked great! Maybe gonna use it to transport carpet cleaning tools.?

I feel bad for those in such despair that they resort to these actions.

I am glad you got it back and that you were able to replace it.  Sure is a nice looking rig.

In the before pics, I assume that was not the original paint job? Did you have it painted?.. I need a paint job and am trying to sort out the best I can do with a very limited budget.

Please tell me you used a rattle can?.. Of course I see the squatters used one..

I hate thieves!

Had a '93 cobra stolen and later recovered, stripped. They caught the 2 guy's and they went to prison. It is not like they "needed" it as one of them already had one and was living in a nice house. I have a sheriff friend is how I found out these things.

You need to find out the value of your van as that is what the insurance will pay you and then make up your mind if the premium is worth it. You may have to insure the contents under "renters insurance" if the regular insurance won't cover all of it.

Glad they didn't do body mechanical damage.
They ran it through a chain link fence and other than a small dent down the side and a broken headlight assembly it did really well.

I don't know why they tore out the interior it looked great! Maybe gonna use it to transport carpet cleaning tools.?
I'm pretty sure it was used in the commission of other crimes stealing a couple trailers and storage units

In the before pics, I assume that was not the original paint job? Did you have it painted?.. I need a paint job and am trying to sort out the best I can do with a very limited budget.
The paint was that two tone when I bought it. I have done kinda okay-ish paint with rattle cans before but a harbor fright paint sprayer produces much better results. I'll do something with the paint when it cools down some but I haven't decided what yet. I'll be sure to post the results.