Still in the dreaming/scheming phase

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilyana

Reaction score
I've decided to unlurk myself, I'm Ilyana and I've been reading the forums here and researching the mobile lifestyle for a few years. Haphazardly and infrequently at first, but something's shifted and it now seems so do-able, so possible, so my motivation level has gone way up! I'm most likely a few years away from actually doing it, I've got some debts to clear up and need to save for my home, but it will happen.

I've got 3 cats right now, along with myself, so I'm thinking a class C will be the way to go. If I were totally alone I could manage in a van I'm certain, but I love my kitties, I'm not exactly certain how it will all work out but I'm sure it will work out the way it's all supposed to. I'll be a workamper at least part of the time, here's to hoping Amazon is still hiring camperforce in a few years!

Other stuff about me: I'm a long term (25+ years) vegetarian/sometime vegan/often raw foodist, lace crocheter (Bruges, Romanian Point Lace, Irish) a very portable and enjoyable pastime! Yarn crocheter too, but I really love thread. I've got 2 online businesses, they're part of my road plan too, not sure if I'll keep both going once I'm mobile, but I like having options. Mid 40's, other boring stuff, blah blah...??? I never know what to say at this point so I'll end it and go back to absorbing information!

Thanks for reading my novella. ;)

Hey there Ilyana.

What part of the country are you in?? Any kids?

Also, since I'm a business owner too, what kinda online businesses do you have? Is it something tangible that sell online? (this is a subject that I'm very interested in seeing how others do theirs compared to mine. Always ready to learn somethng new!)

WELCOME!! :D

Patrick46 said:
Hey there Ilyana.

What part of the country are you in?? Any kids?

Also, since I'm a business owner too, what kinda online businesses do you have? Is it something tangible that sell online? (this is a subject that I'm very interested in seeing how others do theirs compared to mine. Always ready to learn somethng new!)

WELCOME!! :D

Welcome and inquiring minds want to know.

Welcome and great idea you have with the three portable heaters.

Welcome aboard youngster *laugh*.

Woman...don't ever quit with the dreamin' and schemin'! Even when you are out on the road there is always a something glowing just over the next hill!

Another novella with anything you want to share will only help to get to know you faster...already we like you because dreaming & scheming gets us all through the rough patches.

I used to travel with 3 cats in a van...it worked out fine but they were cats who would come when called and liked to play in the woods.

WELCOME from the left coast. I got my lace hit from being an alter boy ringing the bells swinging the incense. Why were there no alter girls?

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

I'll try and answer questions, no kids, southwest usa. I'm choosing to withhold most really personal information, gotta be careful what you post on the interwebs, but I'm the sort who doesn't have a facebook, etc. I'll say that I make stuff, and sometimes it's good and sometimes it's not so good, it's never been good enough to really support any kind of lifestyle really but I enjoy it. One of the things I scheme about is how i can make my biz portable, and that will be mostly creating inventory ahead of time, and being ultra-organized, having as much done ahead as i possibly can. The biggest drawback is the space needs for the actual creation, it just couldn't be done the right way in any size of rv, especially not the ones that will be in my financial capacity! But I'll figure it out somehow.

I'm not sure if my fuzzy space heaters will cooperate for that task, but it will be nice if they do! I plan on keeping them in, which will be very cozy! or annoying, or both most likely. My oldest cat is pushing 13 and has had some health troubles and I hate to think of it, but to be honest with myself, it might end up being just me and my younger ones by the time i make it out on the road.

I don't know why there weren't any altar girls, I was raised by dysfunctional wolves.

Oh, I'm also very fortunate in not having burdened myself with a mortgage! I did something right! ::shakes fist:: :)

Welcome Sunny, from another quite shy newb Wink sounds like you're on the right path!

And a big hello to you also, Ilyana! Sounds like you are on the right path along with the rest of us. Nice to meet you!

I hope this reply comes out right, as I am just learning how to do this.

There's a lot of travelers who make things to sell go to festivals, flea markets and places like Quartzsite to make money while seeing new places. All you need is something people want and a road map.

bindi&us said:
There's a lot of travelers who make things to sell go to festivals, flea markets and places like Quartzsite to make money while seeing new places. All you need is something people want and a road map.

Honestly, I have too many ideas for things to make! I do ok selling online, but I've thought about gearing some creations toward selling in person as I travel. I'll have to wait til I get out there and get a feeling for those I meet :)

I just realized something, I might be closer to my dream than I realized! I have a 2005 Toyota Matrix that has low mileage and is in pretty good condition, I might be able to finagle a trade for a class c! What kind of odds would that be??! At any rate, it's not a good tow car (I don't think I want a tow car anyway, not right away at least) , so I'll have some money from selling it that I hadn't counted on having.

woo!

We made an even trade on our class A with a Kia Sportage we had. The man gave the car to his granddaughter which was his reason for selling anyway.Worked out good for both, but we think we got the best of the deal :)

Wife and I are planning on hitting the road in Feb or March, closing down the house. We have went on extended trips before in motor home and for the last several years in tent. Usually a month to 3 months. This time in a 36 foot class C we intend and indefinite trip. Expect to pick up the RV in WV at my brothers and head SW where its warmer and then north thru the mid west or west coast. Doing the Baha or Alaska is a possibility.