Step/Box truck recommendations?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Optimistic Paranoid said:
To my mind, the only reason for leaving the roll up door in place is if you're trying to play stealth games.  Personally, I have my doubts about how effective those games really are, but that's just me.  There are certainly enough downsides to the roll up door.

I AGREE, 100%; the roll up door should definitely be replaced, whether it's a step-van or a Box truck. Can't insulate the roll up back door; you expose entire inside to the world every time you get in or out of a vehicle with a roll up back door, contents not protected from rain/snow

DEFINITELY want barn doors, that is as imperative as adding 4" of polyiso insulation before putting your belongings inside.

I personally own a Chevrolet G30 Hi Cube, mine is diesel, but you could easily convert to petro if you need to.  I pick mine at an auction and had been working on since October a very slow pace.

Attachments

• WP_20160321_18_49_14_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160321_18_49_14_Pro.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • WP_20160321_18_50_39_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160321_18_50_39_Pro.jpg
    693.1 KB · Views: 8
highdesertranger said:
artic cat sure hope you make RTR in your rig.  highdesertranger
I will try to go, I believe the next one is on January?   I usually head to Caribbean during that time running away from the cold.  But my friend and I May cut that short this year as we have hope to make a major trip next year so I may make that RTR.    Right now the for peace of mind I'm replacing the Harmonic Balancer and installing new injectors, once that is done we are skipping town for a couple of months.   :cool:

what are you using for a balancer. the best thing you can do for a 6.2 is to put a fluid dampener on them. they are expensive but they balance over the complete RPM range and they never wear out. highdesertranger