Stealth Station Wagon Sleeping?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TechnoRose

Reaction score
Can't get a van/rv yet. Tips on making due with a modern station wagon style vehicle? Just need a place to sleep a couple days out of the week.

Its super easy to see into the car since its low to the ground and has no tint to the window, so my main guess to to get a couple shower rods and black curtains to cover the windows at night?

Good idea and path to take. Have also seen people do this with a Honda Element and various wagon trucks like Pathfinder and others.

THIS:
http://www.amazon.com/Reflectix-ST1...35688429&sr=8-3&keywords=roll+insulation+foil

I've used this in my Van for YEARS because..well.. I live in Texas..lol
Use an exacto knife and paper first to make a pattern for one side. YOu can use old Xmas paper.
Some people will spray paint one side w/black to use at night. Just flip sides of vehicle (since they match) to choose from foil outside or black. :)

I LOVE THS STUFF!!!
I used it in my 5th wheel (where I live static right now) on the west side windows and it made a HUGE difference in temps. It is also really 'reusable'. If you're nice to it, you can keep poking it in the windows for a couple or three years without it getting weak around the edges. :)

Good luck!