Stealth Parking in San Diego, CA

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwellerose

Reaction score
Hi. I'll be beginning my stealth parking next weekend in San Diego. I have looked up a few
ideas that were listed online when I googled. There doesn't seem to be any retail places to
overnite at. Beach areas seem sketchy. Hotel parking lots? Has anyone any suggestions?

I welcome any ideas on places you've tried stealth parking in San Diego; also, any caution
areas to look out for as well.
Thank you all

Nobody's responded yet but I'm interested in this too. I'm considering returning to San Diego in a month or two.

Hi. I'll be beginning my stealth parking next weekend in San Diego. I have looked up a few
ideas that were listed online when I googled. There doesn't seem to be any retail places to
overnite at. Beach areas seem sketchy. Hotel parking lots? Has anyone any suggestions?

I welcome any ideas on places you've tried stealth parking in San Diego; also, any caution
areas to look out for as well.
Thank you all
It really depends a lot on your rig. I lived in Oceanside California for two and a half years and a big camper van that was blue. I never had any problems. I rotated around to a few different spots and did not arrive in the spot until it was dark. Some of the places were 24-hour fitness, planet fitness, Albertsons, Walmart. Almost any place that is 24-hour. I parked on residential streets a lot of the times. You just don't stay long.