Speaking of potty's

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcal

Reaction score
Has anyone figured an easy way to clean the mineral deposits from hard water and males with poor aim off these soft plastic RV toilets? I use Listerine to clean the bowl. Kills germs, smells clean, and I don't have to store a special product. But every couple weeks, I still have to get at it with Lime Away and a nail brush. I hate that job, and sometimes there are more than a couple weeks between doing it. Then, that job becomes even worse.

Spirituallifetime said:
Males with poor aim need to take a seat, no aiming required!

I am interested in some sort of vacuum hose attachment that they could use.

Have you tried straight white vinegar? That is what I use for cleaning. I know some people don't like the smell but it disappears pretty quick. I recently read that sitting is actually better for males than standing. I have always required anyone leaving deposits outside the bowl to clean it the next time. I found this very effective.

gcal said:
I am interested in some sort of vacuum hose attachment that they could use.

LOL... okay... I cannot help myself. Gcal, I bet the males would be most interested in that, too!! :D

On a more serious note, a guy who did a build had a funnel with hose thing in his bathroom -- but I think it was for his girlfriend. It kept the liquid separate. Someone else may remember whose post that was more clearly than I am.

Requiring him to take a seat is the simplest option all around. Or send him out to travel a good distance for a natural setting.

gcal said:
Has anyone figured an easy way to clean the mineral deposits from hard water and males with poor aim off these soft plastic RV toilets? I use Listerine to clean the bowl. Kills germs, smells clean, and I don't have to store a special product. But every couple weeks, I still have to get at it with Lime Away and a nail brush. I hate that job, and sometimes there are more than a couple weeks between doing it. Then, that job becomes even worse.

I am going to come right out and say it....if I own the toilet I sit on it to urinate; if I don't own it then I stand. There are few things in life more disgusting than splattered walls and dried yellow stains on vanities, tubs and anything else surrounding a toilet. Ask my better half how much she appreciates it...she is even teaching her grandkids (boys 6 and 7) the same rule.

On the road I stand and use a plastic wide mouth jar and then pour it down the commode (or outside somewhere far far away).  At home I stand as the toilet has a bigger opening and it has a lot higher rim.  After sex, I sit down, no telling where it is going to go :p  Ever seen the movie "Me, Myself and Irene"?  Makes me laugh again just thinking about it.

LeeRevell said:
Real men stand and splash piss water on the walls......  nuff said.     :dodgy:
Proper aim isn't hard.

Fixed that for you...

:blush: I know we are all adults here~~~  

But as someone who has both worked for Roto~Rooter, and as an Assisted Living Caregiver~~~

:s Some things I do not need to be reminded of.   ;)

LeeRevell said:
Bullshit.  I don't splash.  My parents taught me better.

That's good of them...but it is impossible to shoot a stream from 2 feet above the water line and not have some come back out...period. If you truly believe what you have written I would pay good money to see you lick anything within a foot of your toilet.  :D

Snow Gypsy said:
Have you tried straight white vinegar?  That is what I use for cleaning.  I know some people don't like the smell but it disappears pretty quick.  I recently read that sitting is actually better for males than standing.  I have always required anyone leaving deposits outside the bowl to clean it the next time.  I found this very effective.

I will try the white vinegar. Thanks. I don't object to a vinegar smell. The mild acid should work on lime deposits from hard water. Not sure about the rust. I am afraid to use anything too harsh on that plastic. May encourage DH, son, and the grandsons and their friends into the shrubbery to water the bushes. 

Perhaps some live bare wiring lining the toilet seat.....

Getting rid of this child sized round toilet and installing one that is actually made to accommodate an adult rearvend would not hurt, either.

Which potty do you have? I know I read reviews and some are described as more like a child's training potty. Amazon always has the best reviews.

"I am interested in some sort of vacuum hose attachment that they could use." ok gcal you owe me a beer for that comment, luckily I missed my lap top when I gagged and spilled the rest on my chair. highdesertranger

Snow Gypsy said:
Which potty do you have?  I know I read reviews and some are described as more like a child's training potty.  Amazon always has the best reviews.

20151220_185240.jpg

This is it.

Attachments

• 20151220_185240.jpg
    20151220_185240.jpg
    687.7 KB · Views: 16