Hello from Tennessee

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShastaRosie

Reaction score
I've been full-time in my vintage Shasta for 2.5 months now. It's been kind of tough. Giving up my rental house, moving day was hectic with pouring rain, took too long, had too much stuff, got the trailer stuck and ruined the lawn, landlady standing outside my car door waiting for my key...

I got us all in the car, three cats, the dog, and me. Made it to the campground, one kitty escaped. Another one hated the RV, wrecked it like a partying rock star every night, so I brought her to the no-kill humane society. Escaped kitty came back, then the middle cat developed a blockage and passed away. Through it all I'm still trying to work, eat, sleep, and keep the dog and the remaining cat happy and healthy.

It cost much more to get started on this journey than I thought. I'm just about maxed out with credit card debt now, but fingers crossed i won't need anything big for a couple of months anyway. The solar generator I had bit the dust and I haven't been able to get a replacement so I've been going to a public pavilion that has an outlet to work on my laptop almost every day. But I did just join Thousand Trails, and I'm looking forward to getting to one of those campgrounds next week, where I'll have electric shore power, yay!

I started on this journey after my mom died unexpectedly last December after a 4-month illness, and I thought, any one of us can go at any time, and I don't want to go and leave behind nothing but debt, so I decided to hit the road and hunker down and pay off this huge debt I've been carrying since my business closed during the Great Recession. I'm a book editor now (was a ballroom dance instructor then), so don't make gobs of money, but I love my job. A line from one of the books I edited recently keeps playing in my mind. "We were all poor, so we were all rich." What that means to me is that if I am in a tribe with like-minded people, living a similar lifestyle, I won't feel deprived or less than, because we're all in the same boat.

After I head up the East Coast this summer, I plan to find you all in the southwest and winter there. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

Attachments

• Rosies maiden voyage.jpg
    Rosies maiden voyage.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 16
Welcome, ShastaRosie! I hope things go better for you from here on out. You've got some social support right here on these forums.

Welcome to the CRVL forums, ShasraRosie! I love your vintage TT!!! I'm going to have to Google solar generator. I've never heard of one!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome, Shasta. It's definitely time to welcome the Summer Travel. We are headed to the Smokies! Have fun! Peace.

Hi ShastaRosie,

I have family in Tennessee  :heart: Hope things will turn around for you. I always wanted to learn the Argentine Tango  :D

Safe travels!

Ms Linda from Colorado