Sort of a dream vehicle for me — until you get down to the details

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little over my budget.

But hey, after they overpay for this overbuilt rig,  I will let them overnight here as they overland out west to the overpriced adventure rallies.

Not saying it's over the top...but it kinda is.

Over.

:dodgy:

It couldn't go where I go in my 4Runner. Too big.

wow
don't want one but WOW cause damn that thing is named well....Adrelain! but darn couldn't it have been spelled correctly?
adrenaline? oh well, too costly for that E maybe? no clue but cool tho

No, Roamer, they just ran out of room for the E. They should have started farther to the left. You would think they would have figured that out after they did the one on front -- before they did the one on the side -- but I guess not.

Johnny

tx2sturgis said

"A little over my budget.

But hey, after they overpay for this overbuilt rig, I will let them overnight here as they overland out west to the overpriced adventure rallies.

Not saying it's over the top...but it kinda is.

Over."

It's a cab-over too.

Ha! I missed that little detail huh...well I'm just a bit too over-worked keeping up with the internet ya know.

BTW it went for $241 LARGE.

I guess that's a bargain compared to an EarthRoamer.

:dodgy:

If you're a survivalist living in a self contained survivalist vehicle ....wouldn't the ability to SPEED away quickly be an important factor ?   They should have painted it green and named it TURTLE ....

RoamerRV428 said:
wow
don't want one but WOW cause damn that thing is named well....Adrelain! but darn couldn't it have been spelled correctly? 
adrenaline?  oh well, too costly for that E maybe?  no clue but cool tho

It's a company name (Adrenalin Industries) and companies are always changing the spellings of things.

Adrenaline is an existing model name for a toy hauler.

Toy hauler models tend to have violent, aggressive names.

I never get the point of turning a vehicle capable of hauling several tons into a camper which hauls maybe a quarter or half a ton at most?
This isn't the first I've seen like this. Seen several Semi-campers. Which I guess if you have a spare semi laying about?
Also seen a few Unimog campers. One in Ashland Oregon and one in BedStuy Brooklyn.
In most of these cases I feel like you are putting up with absolutely terrible gas mileage just for the 'tacticool'.
In the case of the semi it's for the mack truck equivalent of tacticool. Trucker cred?

That camper body and all the goodies inside weighs several tons. 

Add water, food, etc, and you got yourself a load there.

Maybe it does, but is it a camper if you have to have a pickup truck driving in front of you with a WIDE LOAD sign and flags waving?

Maybe you missed my comments....I think it's overbuilt...I would not buy or own it...even if I had the money.

These expedition campers look cool, and might impress your friends and neighbors....but the day-to-day practicality is lacking...or so it seems to me.

But, hey, they are probably 'MadMax Approved', and that's all that matters for some people!