Sorry Guys, but I Sold Out!!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick46

Reaction score
yep...I scored a 1984 Mini-Winnie MotorHome today!!

It's 22' long Class 'C', has a great running Chevy 350, a new roof, and a brand new Onan generator! A huge new Nor-Cold refrigerator/freezer in it too. (it's also got the exact layout my wife & I have been wanting!!) :D

The previous owner ran it off the road, so both mirrors got knocked off, the hood has a nice dent in it, the front bumper is bashed in, and the grill is missing a headlight surround. The front lower corners of the overhead bunk are buggered alittle, and the front 2 belly hatch doors (for the batterys and propane tank) have been ripped off.
I figure about $200 at the local junkyard (and a bit of work on my part) and I should be good to go.

The best part is, the guy who had it is a friend of a mutual friend, who's a customer of mine...who wants a new sign. So I'll paint my buddie's sign, and he's paying the other guy for the MH. Win-Win-WIN!!

Plates are good for another year too!

Everything seems to work, and the interior is in reasonably nice shape (other then it need a very serious cleaning). We're gonna rip out the carpeting and put in hardwood laminate flooring. It doesn't smell funky inside or mouldy either...altho when I was driving it home, I could DEFINATELY tell that the POPO blackwater tank is FULL!!!!!! (I musta stirred it up when driving it back.) :s

so, I guess I'm gonna ditch my E-350 van. (know of anyone interested in one??)
I don't need 2 rigs, and this one is fully equipted. We had a class C when our kids were young, and had an absolute ball in it. This one is gonna work out great for showing the grandkids the wonders of this great land we live in...plus it'll be great for my working on the road.

I'll post up some pics in a day or so.

Woot! Awesome score, Patrick!

You know what comes next right? Make with the pics!! :D

Patrick46, sounds like an awesome score! Congratulations!
-AK

Patrick: plates are good for another year.

Me: I am confused. Don't you have to get new plates when you transfer the title?

Congratulations!!! How did you sell out??

I thought you were going to say you bought through Copart. :)
Good for you. The kids will love the cabover

Good thing, Patrick. Now you know you will travel. Don't forget a toad. :)

Patrick you will love it and your family will love it.
I bought in, 1989 19 foot Holiday Rambler tt still keepin the van just getting some living quarters with all the comforts pulled the trigger yesterday. We
will be towing it up to Canada this summer.

jeanontheroad said:
I am confused. Don't you have to get new plates when you transfer the title?

That depends on the state it is registered in.

Watch out for the overhead leaking, they tend to do that even when not being tweeked in an accident.

Congrats Patrick.
With your talents it should be no big trick to fix up the damage.

Holding tanks can still stink when empty...and seem worse when driving. Most folks we know don't use chemicals in their tanks normally, but do add some with a few gallons of water when storing the unit.

I was surprised at how well one of these works....
http://www.amazon.com/Camco-40595-Cyclone-Sewer-Plumbing/dp/B003P64XU4

No more stinky while driving.

Congratulations and I hope to sell out as well as you have in the near future!

Hey all!!

Yeah, this'll make our family outings alot funner, and alot more frequent too.
Remember, we had onna these not too long ago, so we know what we're getting into.

but ya'll are gonna hafta wait on the pics until next week because it's pouring rain right now, (this IS Oregon after all...), and I'm headed to Sacramento tonight for the weekend.
If you're in the Sac area, you autta come to the Autorama at the ExpoCenter. Alot of really amazing hot-rods and customs are there, and I'll be in the pinstriper's gallery, flingin' paint all over everything!! :D

oh, and Jean, the plates stay on the rigs (unless they're personalized ones) here in Oregon.