Sophia's Hauler...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I guess I missed my self appointed deadline, but....

Finally! All installed and ready to serve. Still need to make the door, but the cabinet is good to go. The bottle will tilt out for refilling and when we need to fill the smaller bottles.

Also, the cabinet holds the shore power inlet and one of the four ac outlets, which are powered by either shore or inverter power.

The passenger side cabinet will hold another ac outlet and the garage area lighting switch.

image.jpeg

For more images of these cabinets check the following link...
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bkPQ1avJcNUmUgr62

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 31
I would think rear windows that open might be a good thing. I don't have a big bottle of profane, but I leave mine open most all of the time. Rain never comes in, and it creates a positive air flow when I even crack the front window. And it also alleviates excess turbulence when the front windows are open.

But I do get a little paranoid about things like that. I blame movies and TV. Too many explosions.

Stan, your right! Pop out windows are are on my WANT AND NEED list!!!
I've also seen some time back, a bar like thingie that props the back or side doors open about an inch or so.... They are on the list also...

With the freebie hitch carrier we were gifted, the back doors are obstructed, so a gap might be nice in hotter climes... We do have front door vents and a Maxair, so fresh air should not be a big deal. We also have a co2 and propane detectors...

AND, we have bug screens all the way round to prevent unwanted invasions by critters with more than two feet, lol!

You might ask Ron if his buddy with the junk yard has any. But I don't know when he'll be going back there, he's had his hands full lately. That, and he's getting ready for an R/C plane event.

UPDATE:

We have gone on several short (day or overnite) trips. Now I have a new TO-DO list...

We even went on a week long boondock to the Southeast Get Together on the great Tennessee river in northern Alabama.

The van worked out great, and the only REAL problem was that the porta pottie needed to have more capacity for longer stays... We are looking into a few options, lol!

Anyway, so glad the forum is back up and running now! Sweet!

Such Fun!

Last month, I mentioned I was building a list, sort of "To Do's" etc...

I have knocked a few things out, but nothing too serious. Lol!

Not on the list was my Gps mount, which used a kind of sticky tape to attach
to the dash. Last trip out it just kinda melted down. Looked so sad...

Well, I made the decision to just screw it down. I'll bet it won't droop any more...

Again nothing too big or crazy.

Planning a trip in July, as a possible SE Gathering, for more info look in the gatherings section.

An Update...

Well, a lot has happened since mid June!
We sold our house and are living full time out of the van. We have some issues, but the build has been real solid.

In reality, this van would be perfection for a solo dweller, but it really tight for a couple with a small princess like dog...

We are seriously considering buying a promaster for the stand up height alone, not to mention a lot more walk about and sit down recline spaces it could provide!

We have thought about a 20 to 25 ft travel trailer, but they seem so cheaply built....

And winters coming and I’m pretty sure I don’t wanna be in this van thru that crap, lol!

Anyway, party on Wayne, as they say!!!

Such Fun!!!!

Hi Dan'l,  Just read thru your thread to this point, and learned a lot.  Seeing the photo of the windshield protector, that wraps past the front door windows, can you say where you got it?

Thanks.  My house boss is named Sophia also. Pic on Methuselah thread.

galladanb said:
See? Lazy! Sorry!

Dan'l, I suspect the "lazy" could be the "pondering" you mentioned.  As an obvious inventor, it takes a lot to just think and plan.  Any way to actually clear your mind when you're supposed to be relaxing?  Multi Vitamins? A good smack?

Another update...

We have just now moved into a one bedroom apartment.

The van life thing is cool, but as a couple of old phatt, oversized, plus version crumeguions with a princess doggie, the van can be very cramped...
The king sized bed is awesumm and allowed us a huge degree of comfort.

BUT... There's always a butt, lol! Not being able to pull up the pants, no walking space, no room to cook inside (our choice, not wanting to knock over hot foods and water, etc...)
AND... Winters coming...

In conclusion, we are seriously leaning towards a huge promaster conversion instead.

Stay tuned for more updates!

Such Fun!

Some will consider this as BLASPHEMY, but we sold our Express van.

We now have a 2018 Dodge Ram Promaster!
It is the 3500, ext wb, 159 inch model...

So I guess this will be the final post for this thread.
Not sure if I'm gonna post another build thread or whatever...

Thank you all for following our van build and comments!

Love this forum and its concept!!! We're still here...