Soon-to-be-new guy

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sctrlvr

Reaction score
Hello!

For the curious, my handle is pronounced "Scooter lover"

I'm not yet retired and my new rolling home is far from finished, but I figured I'd better look around in here for tips and tricks and start planning (somewhat) my first days of freedom.

My intended home is an 02 E450, 17 passenger shuttle bus. Its' overall length is about 26 feet. On occasion, I plan to pull a 14' trailer. I'll have many questions, but I figured I'd better pass on my thanks to Mr. Wells for his contribution to this new (old) world first.

The information I've found on Bob's videos have been inspiration to many, and I find myself among them.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Sctrlvr! We all love to see members' homes so, if you wish, start a thread under Conversions and Modifications.
Please feel free to ask questions about anything and everything. Posting them one at a time under the most fitting topic will get you more and better replies.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

I appreciate the welcome.
I hope the opportunities so many now enjoy remain unencumbered.
I'll try my best to contribute.

Thanks!

Sctrlvr said:
The information I've found on Bob's videos have been inspiration to many, and I find myself among them.

There are a great many questions answered (questions you may not have thought of yet) on Bob's web site at www.cheaprvliving.com . Still a great place to start!

Welcome to the forums , here you’ll find the ways people had built there vans , trucks , motor homes . You may get some good ideas or some bad ones . But I promise you’ll get some ideas

Looks like fun. You rip the seats out yet?

Pics are coming, not as swift as I'd like with computers. Near midnight when I finally figured out how to edit my profile and add pictures. Donated the wheelchair lift to my friend with MS, and gutted all but two seat frames, 2 interior lights and the ceiling grab bars.

I've installed some shelves, one full length overhead cabinet (still building doors) and stripped down the two remaining seat frames to re-use for the murphy bed mechanism. Building cabinets is new to me. Until now the only thing I've been able to make out of wood is fire, so my cabinet making is slow.

Since it was a wheelchair shuttle, there's 8 cargo tracks in the floor with click-in hook straps that I will utilize to hold my HD on occasions I don't want to pull my trailer.

Most of my time till now has been ironing bugs out of the engine. The 7.3 liter diesel had some gummed up fuel system components, and it took awhile to chase'em down.

Attachments

• 20180701_194942_1530510273518_001.jpg
    20180701_194942_1530510273518_001.jpg
    978.5 KB
Welcome Sctrlvr!
That is a nice shuttle you got there. Hope to see pictures when you have it completely set up.

Mortiiq said:
Welcome Sctrlvr!
That is a nice shuttle you got there. Hope to see pictures when you have it completely set up
Thanks,
I'm hoping it's not too clumsy to get into the back country. The wheel base is close to a long bed dually, but overhang is relatively high and not too long. The 7.3 only has 130k on it, should be a strong mill for 4-600k.
My carpentry skills leave much to be desired, but wood is warmer than metal so I'm learning as I go and making more than my share of kindling.
Sctrlvr

Sctrlvr said:
My carpentry skills leave much to be desired, but wood is warmer than metal so I'm learning as I go and making more than my share of kindling.
Sctrlvr

Hey we all gotta start somewhere.

Latest posts