Soon to be homeless

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toni1952

Reaction score
Shopping for a class b b+ or small c...terrified...but out of options...will travel solo with my 2 cats....hope to meet up with others heading south from Canada!
New to this forum and looking forward to contributing to the conversation!

Also will start traveling soon from Ohio. Traveling solo...mixed feeling but got to do it...

Good and safe journeys. You may love it, or it may not be what you want. You are being brave and doing what you want and need to do. There are people who will be there for you when you need help.

Welcome to you Toni1952

you wont really be homeless - although you may be house-less.  As a nomad wherever you and your family (your feline babies) lay your head down at night is home.  

If you are able I do recommend making it to the RTR event hosted by Bob.  It is there you will meet a gathering of Nomads, whether they are already, soon to be, or want to be.  That will take the terror out of your new adventure.  Once you KNOW you are not out there alone it will get much better.  And you will learn enough to make the whole experience much easier  - the whole not having to learn by trail and error.  
Good luck and safe journey

Welcome Toni to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

At last year's RTR I camped next to a couple from Vancouver Island in a step van, down for 6 months. A great couple.

So sorry for whatever circumstances have brought this about. Geogentry is right... Home less and house less not the same. I'm part-time in a minivan, and she is the most comfortable place I know. Just crawling in to the back makes me feel better. I hope you can embrace your class b when you get it. So awesome that your kitties are going with you!

Come make a lifelong friend and a decent place to stay. Never homeless when your welcome at a friend's. Scar

Welcome Toni and Nissim... Fear and hesitation are normal when making such a big decision, it will pass... seeing all the activity and happy people in Quartzsite not just the RTR will help you understand what a wonderful life style full time traveling can be..

Safe travels!

Living in a van is WAY better than being homeless. If one maintains stealth and does not piss off the authorities, you are treated as a human being. The homeless are looked down on and hassled much of the time.