Some RTR 2018 shoutouts.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMG51

Reaction score
With so many negative posts around the RTR I thought I would do my part in sharing the positive. Had another good year at the RTR. First day there, helped recover a Class A that was stuck in a shallow wash. Several people showed up and started working, using shovels, jacks, firewood, rocks. No one asked for money, and I didn't even know the driver's name, but we got him out.

Mike, your camp is always a great place to hang out and shoot the proverbial shit. Thanks for always bringing the firewood and beer. Hope I returned about as much as I consumed.

Tim, you're a nut, you add much needed color to a social circle, though someone should probably revoke your nursing license (not really).

Jim, your info is always spot on and you put yourself out there for people - I fear we even drank too much of your tequila one night. Thanks for sharing.

Sandi, you're fun too, hope you figured out where you wanted to go after the RTR.

Tom, I only saw you one night but I'm glad you made it.

Adrian, I have to say your stories are best told in person, and I enjoyed having you around the fire.

Kat, I was glad to see your sense of humor come out in the evenings. :)

Headache, sorry I didn't meet you in person, but I hope I encouraged you still.

Wolf, last time I saw you I was a little too drunk (hmm.. that seems to be a running theme). Thanks for hosting people and I hope we didn't keep you up.

WanderLoveJosh, I actually wanted to say hi to you guys again this year but never got around to it. Hope you had a good time.

Several other people not on the forum, Jaime, Vanessa, Romeo, Panda, Mook (Luke), etc also deserve props for sharing a good time.

To anyone I forgot or whose names I don't remember (of which there are many), props to you too.

Bob, thanks for putting it all together.

Saturday mid-day I got an itch and took off a bit quickly. Several people I didn't say bye to. This thread is for those people too.

Had a good year overall, let's shoot for the same in 2019.

I have such a hard time remembering names that I was clueless until their online name was mentioned! I had them put Headache on my button for that reason.

Did have a good time indeed! We were kinda more to ourselves this year, kept towards the back of the music area. Felt a little bit overwhelmed. But still got to meet new people. Sad we didn’t get to a few from last year, such as yourself, but we can always arrange something along the road I hope. That’s the main reason we go, to meet people we can later connect with on the road. Cheers!