Some points of interest for a weary traveler :

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SinnTek

Reaction score
So we all know that rest areas, wal-mart and camping sites are a good way to go however what about the other options?

- My traveling has consisted of staying at gym parking lots, this depends on the gym's policy however as far as 24 hour parking, most do allow it if you ask first.

- A few other places : In the woods, behind construction sites, and on a friend's property.

It all really comes down to asking the property owner if they mind you staying there. A lot of people seem to have trouble finding a place to stay more often than not because they don't ask.

I am very fond of construction sites as usually the foreman won't care as long as you stay off of the actual construction area.

Any other suggestions? I would love to hear from you guys and will be adding as I find new places this time around.

I am in the west, out here there is no problem finding a place just along as you are outside of the major cities. highdesertranger

I am in the Southwest...No problem with places to camp even close to the city. Exit 191..I40..Flagstaff..Walmart and Home Depot less than 3 miles. I don't want to stay in a asphalt parking lot! WEST IS BEST!